Tristan Gebbia

Just now, InOmaha said:

I thought Frost played safety at Stanford.  When did Walsh have him compete for the starting QB job.  Freshman year?

He played his first two seasons at QB; Walsh talked to him about moving to Safety and that's what helped to prompt him to "give up on his teammates" and transfer to Nebraska. 

Any I idea where Gebbia is headed?  Like I mentioned much earlier, he's got a tight window to find the right team to fit his skillset that also needs a QB now.  A place that doesn't have good QB prospects already in their system.  Because if he could beat out a Freshman here, he might have difficulty beating out other 3-4* QBs that have been in someone else's system for a while.

Wyoming lost a good QB recently.

Just now, InOmaha said:

Any I idea where Gebbia is headed?  Like I mentioned much earlier, he's got a tight window to find the right team to fit his skillset that also needs a QB now.  A place that doesn't have good QB prospects already in their system.  Because if he could beat out a Freshman here, he might have difficulty beating out other 3-4* QBs that have been in someone else's system for a while.

The only thing I'll say is he was beat out by a player with a different skillset more suited to the offense being ran. If Mike Leach was the coach Gebbia probably beats Martinez out.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Well you thought wrong, he was at QB

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/scott-frost-1.html

He was terrible at Stanford

he played safety his first two years there because stanford had steve stenstrom at qb. yes he got snaps at qb but the majority of his playing time was on the defensive side of the ball.

walsh also was replaced by willingham in 1995 which was part of why he left stanford. the coach he went to play for was no longer there.

Edited by desertshox
  • Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

At this point in the academic year, he might be forced to attend a college on the quarterly academic calendar.  Luckily for Gebbia, that gives him a number of choices back near his home in California.  From the list I am linking below, this includes:  UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, as well as Northwestern.

https://www.collegexpress.com/lists/list/colleges-on-a-quarter-system/243/

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

InOmaha wasn't wrong, Frost played a lot of safety at Stanford.  Frost also appeared in a few games at QB.  It's just easier for that website to show his stats from QB.

Edited my original post, i stand corrected. 2 completely different scenarios so we really shouldn't compare but maybe the lesson is....every situation is different! 

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

At this point in the academic year, he might be forced to attend a college on the quarterly academic calendar.  Luckily for Gebbia, that gives him a number of choices back near his home in California.  From the list I am linking below, this includes:  UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, as well as Northwestern.

https://www.collegexpress.com/lists/list/colleges-on-a-quarter-system/243/

Welp, there goes my Fresno State theory haha.

4 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

I mean its getting to the point where teams wont even be able to field a roster for their season anymore and the NCAA needs to make some rules to ensure players dont up and leave a week before a game. Its fine to transfer, but now we lose a roster spot and a scholarship for 4 or so players that decided to transfer over the past couple weeks.

It is not getting to that point at all. Quit being so dramatic. 4 players transferred? There's 100+ more. 

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia