Tristan Gebbia

1 hour ago, desertshox said:

he played safety his first two years there because stanford had steve stenstrom at qb. yes he got snaps at qb but the majority of his playing time was on the defensive side of the ball.

walsh also was replaced by willingham in 1995 which was part of why he left stanford. the coach he went to play for was no longer there.

Gebbia came here to play for MR, and once he was let go, Gebbia stayed proNebraksa, even after Frost got the perfect guy to fit his system. If Gebbia would have transferred soon after MR was let go, nobody would have blamed him, but instead we have people who want to crucify him for sticking it out, working his ass off, and making the QB race a competitive one. If anything Gebbia made Martinez even better with forcing him to work his ass off as well. Let the kid go, wish him good luck and move on. For Christ sake at the end of the day it really doesn't impact any of our daily lives

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

This thread is like having a conversation with a bunch of drunk people... the same things keep getting repeated every so often like they haven;t been stated a page or two before.  

That is basically every thread in almost every message board.

People (myself included) share their opinion regardless of if someone else has said the same thing.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

That is basically every thread in almost every message board.

People (myself included) share their opinion regardless of if someone else has said the same thing.

I agree... but this one has been particularly redundant.  

19 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Frost said the QBs knew on Saturday and Gebbia took it well at first. If the person isn’t totally full of crap maybe Gebbia’s upset they didn’t tell the team. Mike Williams found out on Twitter. But for the team I don’t see why it should be announced anymore than any other position especially if you claim it’s a team game.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the team should see the official depth chart that was released after all the position battles had been sorted as best they could before the media sees it?   The team finds out all positions and isn't finding things out through the media?   it's a stretch, but that's all I can come up with.

29 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Lol...so did the opposite of Wistrom's tweet happen?

"Dad, I'm 2nd String, can't wait to stick around and prove to them I should play"

"No Son, let's transfer."

"Okay."

I am sure parents have always been hassles for coaches, but I am sure it's getting worse now.  Parents are spending so much $ giving their kids private training as they go through youth sports and into high school, all with the goal of getting that college scholarship and being a stud athlete.  When the kid is deemed a backup, it's often times the parents driving the decision to transfer to someplace the kid can play.  The parents have invested far too much money into having their kid sit the bench.

I hope today's interviews put the final nail in the coffin of the Gebbia conversation and we can start focusing on the kids who are here. By all accounts, it sounds like some outside influence got the better of TG. Either someone close to him who he loves/respects or the idea of being a backup just festered and didn't sit with him well over the evening.

• Plus1 9

If that's how it went down, I don't hold it against Gebbia's dad for encouraging him to make a decision to go somewhere else that he can hopefully play and have a better chance going forward. Good luck to the kid, I hope I hear his name in the headlines the next few years.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I hope today's interviews put the final nail in the coffin of the Gebbia conversation and we can start focusing on the kids who are here. By all accounts, it sounds like some outside influence got the better of TG. Either someone close to him who he loves/respects or the idea of being a backup just festered and didn't sit with him well over the evening.

Um, I stated about the Same thing on page 8, and someone said “the wheel has spoken”. Who woulda thought? :D

• Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia