2017 Alternate Uniforms

2017 Alternate Uniforms  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Adidas finally got it right.

I think Nebraska should make these 97-throwback uniforms along with the 1962-throwback uniforms part of a permanent rotation when we want to do an alternate uniform game.

1997 - Throwback Alternate honorning 97 National Championship team.

597a1ecb5497d.image.jpg

1962 - Throwback Alternate honorning the first year the sellout streak began

57bda828d30d7.image.jpg

Hopefully in a few years we can add in a 1971 throwback alternate as well.

Nebraska+Cornhuskers+1971.jpg

I wish I had a job that provided any sort of expendable income when we played that 300th sellout. I would have loved to bid on and get one of the game-worn jerseys.

Adidas finally got it right.

I think Nebraska should make these 97-throwback uniforms along with the 1962-throwback uniforms part of a permanent rotation when we want to do an alternate uniform game.

1997 - Throwback Alternate honorning 97 National Championship team.

597a1ecb5497d.image.jpg

1962 - Throwback Alternate honorning the first year the sellout streak began

57bda828d30d7.image.jpg

Hopefully in a few years we can add in a 1971 throwback alternate as well.

Nebraska+Cornhuskers+1971.jpg

Can we just keep these 3 options for our home jerseys? No need to even have anything else.

• Fire 1

These are okay, not exact enough to be considered a throwback and not different enough to be considered an alternate but whatever.

If we beat Wiscy while wearing them then they will be the best uni ever.

Personally, I'd like to see us wear these every game and have an actual cool alternate jersey but that's just IMO. Adidas seems to struggle...

I'm glad to see that Adidas isn't making Nebraska wear a horrible alternate uniform this year. Looks good.

Too bad you don't play Michigan this year so both schools could celebrate each other's 1/2 MNC together. ;)

But we will be playing Michigan......in the CCG :P

• Fire 2

These are okay, not exact enough to be considered a throwback and not different enough to be considered an alternate but whatever.

If we beat Wiscy while wearing them then they will be the best uni ever.

Personally, I'd like to see us wear these every game and have an actual cool alternate jersey but that's just IMO. Adidas seems to struggle...

Bingo.

So, what's everyone's take on being a (so-called) adult and wearing a jersey to a game? With the no named jerseys nowadayd, this seems like an acceptable alternative to not wearing a shirt with a teenager's name on your back or getting a no name, generic kit.

If you are still in your early to mid 20's, whatever.

If you are late 20' or older, don't do it.

So, what's everyone's take on being a (so-called) adult and wearing a jersey to a game? With the no named jerseys nowadayd, this seems like an acceptable alternative to not wearing a shirt with a teenager's name on your back or getting a no name, generic kit.

Jerseys should only be worn by kids and babes.

I think jerseys should be saved for kids (preferably 18 and under, but it might be acceptable for those still in college). Anything beyond that, it gets weird. You're a grown adult. You aren't going out there on that field. The jerseys are ill-fitting and not a good look.

I will make an exception in the adult ruling for the tighter fitting, women-cut jerseys that look great on fit ladies. Nothing against big women, but if you want to wear a men's cut jersey, stay at home.

I could live with a regular rotation throughout the season of jerseys like these that are relatively minor variations on the standard theme, and not wildly-different 'alternates'.

• Fire 2

but we don't have many guys since Martinez that wear the t-shirt length compression undershirts.

But not all the '97 jerseys had stripes anyways, so not a big deal, and in a way kind of accurate!

While I understand Adidas' decision to include the three stripes, I would have preferred they just had "adidas" on the shoulder. That would have helped the cluttered look immensely. The patch and TV numbers are off, but overall it's a cool look and I'm cool with it being my son's first "alternate" jersey.

They probably can't. I'd imagine it goes against their brand guidelines.