Keyshawn Johnson Jr. Taking Leave of Absence from Huskers

^

Yeah it is. It's just strange. Pulling your kid out of college is obviously a pretty serious thing. Has this happened to Nebraska before? A players father pulilng their son out of school.

I'm guessing things don't work out as planned for a lot of 18 year olds, but most don't have famous fathers in the habit of making statements to the press.

If a player is foundering, the family would no doubt be contacted, but the University isn't obliged to mention a parent's role in the decision. Homesickness claims a lot of freshmen every year. I'm not sure anything here is particularly strange. Maybe not every kid would be given the "open door" to return. Then again, they might.

We also forget that 18 year olds are legally adults. Your dad can stop writing you checks, but he can't pull you out of anything without your permission.

Dude - nobody ever compared the two. You jumped to that. He only said he wished someone had been as proactive with Gregory. Maybe they were - who knows.

Let's stop beating a dead horse. Point was that taking steps to help a kid at any age is good. Period.

Yes. It is.

I was an awful student my 2nd semester of college when I was 19. I wish someone had pulled me out of school. And I had quite a bit to lose too. It didn't help motivate my 19-year-old self, even though I could have easily corrected the problem if I hadn't been immature and lazy at the time. I didn't correct it, and I just finished paying off what I lost a couple years ago.

Actually got a call from the new soccer coach after I got kicked out of school asking me if I was still going to be playing in the fall, heh. My team scored 2 goals. All season. But I scored one of them!

Keyshawn Johnson Jr., a true freshman wide receiver currently on a break from the Husker football program, on Tuesday pleaded not guilty to possession of marijuana less than an ounce and drug paraphernalia.

The Lancaster County Attorney's Office charged Johnson, 19, with the two infractions on Monday.

His attorney filed a written not guilty plea on Tuesday.

If convicted, he could be fined up to $100 on each.

LJS

I mean not always. Sometimes they will give you a deal if it's your first offense. If I was obviously going to get convicted and I could have my charge dropped to a lesser charge or punishment for pleading no contest that may be something to consider. Alot of times they do that so they don't have to waste their time or money on a minor offense

I mean not always. Sometimes they will give you a deal if it's your first offense. If I was obviously going to get convicted and I could have my charge dropped to a lesser charge or punishment for pleading no contest that may be something to consider. Alot of times they do that so they don't have to waste their time or money on a minor offense

Small Amt, first offense, good record - pleads not guilty so that as Gainful said you can negotiate and plead down. I'm not clear on drug laws in NE but you'd want to make sure this charge wasn't documented as a severe one if its one of the states that is tougher on drugs.

An example: DUI arrest but breathalyzer is not sky high. Pleads not guilty, negotiate and get a reckless driving instead of DUI.