Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

10 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Thought I would start this for fun. Saban, harbaugh, urban Meyer and James Franklin are off the table. 

I like scott frost and a long shot but a great fit would be Kirby smart. He has Georgia rolling and sounds like he is a saban clone. Great defense and hard nosed running game. But he is Georgia alumni. 

I like Smart, but my favorite long shot from really no chance is David Shaw.  I would crap my pants if we somehow got Shaw, but to put it in perspective of our chances at getting him, I would say we might have a better shot at getting Saban.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Campbell is very interesting. His $9 million buyout makes things tough though. 

This was a good move by ISU, deters poaching of their up-and-comer coach or at-least leaves them with a fat conciliation prize to use towards the next coach. If ISU keeps winning somebody will probably pay it.

On 10/19/2017 at 5:16 PM, husker98 said:

Prepare your salt. The rumor here in kansas on why Venables can't go home

From what I heard, and it's murky ASF,  is that Venables had a fling with either a major boosters daughter or an upper administration officials daughter while at KSU and it didn't end well. The most recent version of the rumor was that it's a big boosters daughter and that his name is on some buildings at KSU. 

I like the thought of hiring him. Though if we do we might need to keep him away from the co eds and boosters daughters so that he doesn't get shot.:D

On 10/19/2017 at 5:37 PM, Stumpy1 said:

Carl and Frank say Hold my Beer son.

I was going to say, sounds like the Carl/Frank/Tim Miles coaching tree. 

• Plus1 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that any coach who's recruiting classes rank higher than their team will not be successful here.  Richt brought in great talent to Georgia, and then he piddled it away.  His final year at Georgia had a composite recruiting rank of 9.4 while his team finished barely ranked at 24.  In his final seven recruiting classes at Georgia, he only had two that weren't top 10 and they came in at #11 and #12.  Unless you believe he can recruit like that here, we'll never finish a season in the top 25 with Richt as our coach.

• Plus1 7