** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Sean Callahan and a couple of other people have stated in the last two weeks that Coach Frost has told people that he is open to returning. Coach Frost will only talking about building UCF in public. Rumors should start to heat up in about 3 weeks. 

Where have they said anything like that? On what forum? 

34 minutes ago, Hayseed said:
3 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

How about this scenario:

Frost becomes NU"s OC under Riley for the rest of Riley's contract and then takes over as HC.

Are you joking here?

Good one if you are.

Maybe I am, maybe I ain't?   :lol:

I just wanted to toss something out there as it seems like everyone else is doing it, too, and I didn't want to be left out.  Or it could be the booze.    :LOLtartar

And I don't mean that as a bad thing.  But every time I see her posts, it is the first thing I think. 

I did not mean to offend you Jessica0, if I did I am sorry.  I tend to PO off our female posters (yes Moraine, I am talking about you), and I never intend to do that. 

Both of you know far more about Nebraska football than I will ever learn, and I appreciate, and generally agree with what you say.

3 hours ago, El Diaco said:

How long will some of these Only Frost people give him to make it work? Cuz our 2018 schedule is going to be a wake up call no matter who we get, so there’s likely one subpar year down. What If year two doesn’t show enough improvement? Is he on the hot seat in year 3 just like Riley? I just wish more people were a little more realistic with the challenges this program faces. I think that is what many mean when they point out this isn’t UCF or the AAC. It’s not a knock on them, it’s just different here and I believe much more challenging than what he’s dealing with there.

I think Frost gets at least 1 more year and probably 2 more years than Riley if he needs them just because of who he is (former Husker National Champion QB), but I also don't think he will need them.  He will succeed here, certainly in comparison to the last 3 coaches.

Osborne was once quoted as saying if he were coaching today he would run a Power Spread Option similar to what Urban Meyer ran at Florida with Tim Tebow. This essentially eliminates having a FB and adds an extra WR and Frost doesn't even have a FB on the UCF roster.

So, if people like Frost and want him here, he'd bring an offense that is a lot like what he and Chip Kelly ran at UO with some power elements, guard pulling, reading LB's, etc. with maybe some option plays sprinkled in kind of like Penn State when they flip it to Barkley or McSorley keeps it.

He doesn't line up in I-Formation or anything like that. I've seen some split backs sets with 2 RB's behind the QB, and maybe some Weak-I and Strong-I elements where a WR is in there to take a sweep or something. So, Frost likes to spread the ball around and get it to his playmakers. Scott is very innovative with his offense and flexible during games.

I've seen him get aggressive with his play calling. The key is to play faster than the defense in a hurry up scheme/tempo and not allow them to lineup correctly or substitute. He takes advantage of both situations with his play calling.

Edited by FTW
  • Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, FTW said:

Osborne was once quoted as saying if he were coaching today he would run a Power Spread Option similar to what Urban Meyer ran at Florida with Tim Tebow. This essentially eliminates having a FB and adds an extra WR and Frost doesn't even have a FB on the UCF roster.

So, if people like Frost and want him here, he'd bring an offense that is a lot like what he and Chip Kelly ran at UO with some power elements, guard pulling, reading LB's, etc. with maybe some option plays sprinkled in kind of like Penn State when they flip it to Barkley or McSorely keeps it.

He doesn't line up in I-Formation or anything like that. I've seen some split backs sets with 2 RB's behind the QB, and maybe some Weak-I and Strong-I elements where a WR is in there to take a sweep or something. So, Frost likes to spread the ball around and get it to his playmakers. Scott is very innovative with his offense and flexible during games.

I've seen him get aggressive with his play calling. The key is to play faster than the defense in a hurry up scheme/tempo and not allow them to lineup correctly or substitute. He takes advantage of both situations with his play calling.

This. I'd imagine he'd find a way to use Ben Miles for the next 4 years, all the while not recruiting another FB. Maybe a walk-on.

7 hours ago, neepster said:

I think Frost gets at least 1 more year and probably 2 more years than Riley if he needs them just because of who he is (former Husker National Champion QB), but I also don't think he will need them.  He will succeed here, certainly in comparison to the last 3 coaches.

With the way he's coaching at UCF and his track record at Oregon, I think he would have Nebraska players playing hard for him unlike anything we've seen in recent memory. He is able to motivate players and find what makes them tick.

8 minutes ago, LaFlamaBlanca said:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/23/16501428/scott-frost-ucf-coach-offense

Cool break down showing some of Frosts offensive scheme... I love the pulling guard to sell the play action (towards the bottom)

Ingenuity.... that would be nice to see in Lincoln!

Both Beck and Langs have used pulling linemen to sell play action passes.

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, Mavric said:

I've been trying to point this out since Riley was hired - when all the "we're finally going to use the fullback again" partying was going on.  This is one of the biggest reasons that we've struggled to run the ball the last three years.

Husker Chalk Talk

Yes, when I read that - it sure made sense.    Excellent article 

48 minutes ago, LaFlamaBlanca said:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/23/16501428/scott-frost-ucf-coach-offense

Cool break down showing some of Frosts offensive scheme... I love the pulling guard to sell the play action (towards the bottom)

Ingenuity.... that would be nice to see in Lincoln!

Decent article. As I have been saying, he pulls lineman a lot more than Riley does.