** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

I mean were talking about a team that went 0-12 two years ago.  Im sure they haven't just stockpiled a bunch of talented freshman and sophomores the last two years and thrown them into the starting lineup.  Its some of the same kids that were on the 0-12 team that are upper classmen now.

I'm sure there are some seniors in there and there's something amiss about that 0-12 team IMO.  I don't think they should have been that bad.  

In your opinion, are Maine, East Carolina and Austin Peay teams UCF should beat?  We've struggled with teams on that level and we are a P5 school - e.g.  SDSU, McNeese St., etc.  Little higher level teams but just this year Ark. St. and NIU

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I would probably say that UCF has good talent for a G5 team, but I don't think UCF should be overly penalized by fans for playing the teams on their schedule.  UCF has done a great job of beating down most of those inferior teams.  That's what good teams do.  UCF has also been able to whip a P5 school on the road.  Even if UCF had played (and possibly lost to) Ga Tech, they have had a very good/great season for UCF.

^This is basically what I was trying to say

4 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I'm sure there are some seniors in there and there's something amiss about that 0-12 team IMO.  I don't think they should have been that bad.  

In your opinion, are Maine, East Carolina and Austin Peay teams UCF should beat?  We've struggled with teams on that level and we are a P5 school - e.g.  SDSU, McNeese St., etc.  Little higher level teams but just this year Ark. St. and NIU

^This is basically what I was trying to say

I mean, Im a Nebraska fan, so I look at those teams as inferior to Nebraska.  But I also look at UCF like they are inferior to Nebraska.  If I was a UCF fan and studied all my opponents, I could very well think we (UCF) was way better but I don't know much about any of those teams.  Ive never seen them play,

Edited by Rike Miley

While I am on board for the Frost hire, one thing that has been rubbing me the wrong way is that everyone seems to think that UCF was a dumpster fire prior to his arrival. Yes, the team went 0-12 in 2015, but I really think that was an anomaly and not the norm. The previous years they were:

'14: 9-4

'13: 12-1

'12: 10-4

'11:5-7

'10: 11-3

I still think Frost is a fantastic coach and we should've hired him back in 2014.

Edited by fire mike

3 minutes ago, fire mike said:

While I am on board for the Frost hire, one thing that has been rubbing me the wrong way is that everyone seems to think that UCF was a dumpster fire prior to his arrival. Yes, the team went 0-12 in 2015, but I really think that was an anomaly and not the norm. The previous years they were:

'14: 9-4

'13: 12-1

'12: 10-4

'11:5-7

'10: 11-3

I still think Frost is a fantastic coach and we should've hired him back in 2014.

You are right. Maybe it's because UCF is a mid major and their 0-12 type seasons are seen as bigger blows then say a P5 team going 0-12 and having previously good to great seasons. Just seems sometimes with these mid majors that they have a run of good seasons it is because of a special group of recruits that stuck together then they all leave and its total rebuild mode. Meanwhile at a P5 school lets say out of nowhere has a 0-12 season and comes back and has a good year it's like that 0-12 season was some odd hiccup.

This may not be true, but maybe the perception people see when talking about how Frost built UCF.

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

You are right. Maybe it's because UCF is a mid major and their 0-12 type seasons are seen as bigger blows then say a P5 team going 0-12 and having previously good to great seasons. Just seems sometimes with these mid majors that they have a run of good seasons it is because of a special group of recruits that stuck together then they all leave and its total rebuild mode. Meanwhile at a P5 school lets say out of nowhere has a 0-12 season and comes back and has a good year it's like that 0-12 season was some odd hiccup.

This may not be true, but maybe the perception people see when talking about how Frost built UCF.

While not as severe, this makes me think of Notre Dame last year.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

no....nothing will happen till after the season.

Such a shame that I want the football season to end so badly. I live for college football each year, and try to enjoy each and every Saturday, try to enjoy each and every weekday because local sports talk radio talks football, yet this season I want it to be over.

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Such a shame that I want the football season to end so badly. I live for college football each year, and try to enjoy each and every Saturday, try to enjoy each and every weekday because local sports talk radio talks football, yet this season I want it to be over.

Meh....I'm still enjoying the season.  Not nearly as much as I would if we had a good team.  But...I still like watching.

I've pretty much put all aspirations of major changes off till the end of the season.  That allows me to just enjoy the games as is and not worry about who is coaching, what changes are being made, what changes are going to be made....etc.

I'm confident they will be made, so I'll just patiently wait till then to see how it falls out.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Meh....I'm still enjoying the season.  Not nearly as much as I would if we had a good team.  But...I still like watching.

I've pretty much put all aspirations of major changes off till the end of the season.  That allows me to just enjoy the games as is and not worry about who is coaching, what changes are being made, what changes are going to be made....etc.

I'm confident they will be made, so I'll just patiently wait till then to see how it falls out.

If I knew there were for sure changes coming then I would be able to relax and enjoy each game, but there is this internal worry that maybe a change wont happen. So I've put it off that Nebraska's football seasons starts November 25 and ends around mid December.

23 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I use Twitter to follow sports news, anyone else's stomach turn in nervousness every time they open it up in worry you'll see: BREAKING: Florida Gators hire Scott Frost as head coach.

Scott would not do that. He is a young man of character. Hus only concerns at present are UCF.