** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

It will be Mullen, Taggert or Norvelle. Scott Frost is headed for Nebraska (Hooeful thinking and Scott said Nebraska was his 'dream job'. I'm holding on to that fact!)

If there is one thing I have learned though is not to many times is Vegas wrong or very far off.  In other words to much of a chance to be comfortable.

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Yes UCF

Nebraska has faced 3 Top 15 total defense teams and 2 more Top 20 to go

You make a good point, their schedule isn't exactly a gauntlet but UCF is DESTROYING those teams.  NU hasn't been able to handily beat the teams they're supposed to in well over a decade.  IMO with UCF's schedule, NU would be sitting at 4-3 right now.  Losses to GT, Memphis and Navy.  Possibly a loss to Maryland.  And winning by a much smaller margin.

19 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

You make a good point, their schedule isn't exactly a gauntlet but UCF is DESTROYING those teams.  NU hasn't been able to handily beat the teams they're supposed to in well over a decade.  IMO with UCF's schedule, NU would be sitting at 4-3 right now.  Losses to GT, Memphis and Navy.  Possibly a loss to Maryland.  And winning by a much smaller margin.

UCF didn't play Georgia Tech this year.  it got cancelled.  But it would have been an interesting matchup as GT is #26 in Total defense.  Would have really seen what UCF was made of.  We may see it when they play USF at the end of the year.  They are currently #22 and #14 on Total Offense

31 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

They are playing teams that have equal or better talent than themselves.  Its a G5 team playing other G5 teams.  Not a P5 team playing G5 teams.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

They are playing teams that have equal or better talent than themselves.  Its a G5 team playing other G5 teams.  Not a P5 team playing G5 teams.

They could be playing teams with worse talent as well. Not all G5 teams are the same just like not all P5 teams are the same.

13 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

UCF didn't play Georgia Tech this year.  it got cancelled.  But it would have been an interesting matchup as GT is #26 in Total defense.  Would have really seen what UCF was made of.  We may see it when they play USF at the end of the year.  They are currently #22 and #14 on Total Offense

Oh yea, forgot about that.  Would still say we would lose to them.  Yep USF will definitely be the best gauge as of right now.

2 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Right and I'm saying we can barely beat a lot of those G5 teams (and in some cases lose to them) with what should be better talent.  Sorry but I don't think Maine, East Carolina and Austin Peay are anywhere near the same level of talent as UCF (maybe throw Cinci in there as well).

2 minutes ago, jaws said:

They could be playing teams with worse talent as well. Not all G5 teams are the same just like not all P5 teams are the same.

I would probably say that UCF has good talent for a G5 team, but I don't think UCF should be overly penalized by fans for playing the teams on their schedule.  UCF has done a great job of beating down most of those inferior teams.  That's what good teams do.  UCF has also been able to whip a P5 school on the road.  Even if UCF had played (and possibly lost to) Ga Tech, they have had a very good/great season for UCF.

3 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Oh yea, forgot about that.  Would still say we would lose to them.  Yep USF will definitely be the best gauge as of right now.

Right and I'm saying we can barely beat a lot of those G5 teams (and in some cases lose to them) with what should be better talent.  Sorry but I don't think Maine, East Carolina and Austin Peay are anywhere near the same level of talent as UCF (maybe throw Cinci in there as well).

I mean were talking about a team that went 0-12 two years ago.  Im sure they haven't just stockpiled a bunch of talented freshman and sophomores the last two years and thrown them into the starting lineup.  Its some of the same kids that were on the 0-12 team that are upper classmen now.

Edited by Rike Miley
  • Plus1 1