** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

Frost ran the ball a higher % of plays last year than Riley actually. Just because his offense stays on the field and runs more plays per game, therefore has more attempts doesn't mean much. 

Frost's team averaged 40.5 rushes a game for 141 yards, and passed 34.5 times a game for 209 yards.

Riley's team averaged 40.2 rushes a game for 169 yards, and passed 30.8 times a game for 211 yards.

It is what it is. Wouldn't read too much into it either way. But I do think Frost advocates are a bit surprised by the stat.

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Frost's team averaged 40.5 rushes a game for 141 yards, and passed 34.5 times a game for 209 yards.

Riley's team averaged 40.2 rushes a game for 169 yards, and passed 30.8 times a game for 211 yards.

It is what it is. Wouldn't read too much into it either way. But I do think Frost advocates are a bit surprised by the stat.

I'd also tend to look at this year's comparison as each staff now has their system and type of player in place. Biggest example of this is TA vs Lee. We ran a lot more last year due to TA's skill set, which MR/DL have showed to have no desire to have at the QB position going forward. 

Looking at 2017, I am mistaken and surprised that we run more plays. However, it makes sense as they are more explosive.

UCF: 

39 rushes 217 yards

28 passes 313 yards

Neb:

32 rushes 122 yards

38 passes 274 yards

Overall I think that is more representative of offensive identities. However I don't get caught up in the run vs pass ratio as there are passes that are now extentions of the run game and RPO's that take what D gives you as play develops. 

Edited by Warrior10
2 hours ago, Toe said:

One bit that stood out to me:

I wonder how many people who raged about Bo are reading that...

Frost came back to a chorus of boos after the debacle in the desert.......Prior to that he was hazed relentlessly by the Blackshirts.  Frost and Jason Peter say as much.  Throw in the LP incident and other crap and it's a better response than many deserved....

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Off the top of my head I can't think of one.  I'm quite sure I've never heard of a coach jumping ship while having an undefeated season.

I know "the times, they are a changin'" but two things cross my mind:

If I'm Frost, I think a little bit longer about taking a job at a school that doesn't let a coach finish their season out. Why should he expect UF to treat him any differently?

If I'm Florida, I think a little bit longer about hiring a coach willing to quit their job in the middle of an undefeated season just because someone else has a better job offer with a bigger paycheck. Why would they expect SF to treat them any differently?

Basically, I'm saying Florida doesn't gain much by firing mid season,and there is no way in HELL Scott Frost abandons this team mid season. If he does leave, he wants to leave on top.

• Plus1 1

Big boys to clarify I mean Ohio State and SEC.  I'm not impressed with BCS wins over Wisconsin and Kansas St.

Why do you think Kelly was a bust in the NFL.  Because the speed and size of NFL players shut that offense down.

Very simple why Bama wins.  They line up and smash you both sides of the ball.  They control the clock. They don't turn the ball over and they tackle.

All basic smart well coached football.  Chip Kelly and crew had a good run and its fun to watch.

I'm just saying It was a thing of beauty to watch Ohio State wear them out with good Defense and size.

I'm just saying don't think for a minute Big Ten Defensive Coordinators cant slow that offense down.

Just now, Sparker said:

I know "the times, they are a changin'" but two things cross my mind:

If I'm Frost, I think a little bit longer about taking a job at a school that doesn't let a coach finish their season out. Why should he expect UF to treat him any differently?

If I'm Florida, I think a little bit longer about hiring a coach willing to quit their job in the middle of an undefeated season just because someone else has a better job offer with a bigger paycheck. Why would they expect SF to treat them any differently?

Basically, I'm saying Florida doesn't gain much by firing mid season,and there is no way in HELL Scott Frost abandons this team mid season. If he does leave, he wants to leave on top.

I do agree.  Setting apart the fact that it would be absurd for Frost to be doing anything right now except focusing on UCF's season, this is what agents are for.  It makes literally zero sense for Frost to do anything right now.  He's going to be fielding calls from multiple P5 schools for HC openings.  Talk about Leverage 101.  

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Big boys to clarify I mean Ohio State and SEC.  I'm not impressed with BCS wins over Wisconsin and Kansas St.

Why do you think Kelly was a bust in the NFL.  Because the speed and size of NFL players shut that offense down.

Very simple why Bama wins.  They line up and smash you both sides of the ball.  They control the clock. They don't turn the ball over and they tackle.

All basic smart well coached football.  Chip Kelly and crew had a good run and its fun to watch.

I'm just saying It was a thing of beauty to watch Ohio State wear them out with good Defense and size.

I'm just saying don't think for a minute Big Ten Defensive Coordinators cant slow that offense down.

Ehhh, I don't think I'd go as far to call Kelly a bust in the NFL.  He was 26-21 as the HC in Philly.  I will grant you that his one season @ SF was a total dumpster fire.  Then again, that 2014 SF team was godawful all the way around.  Belichick would be lucky to squeeze 6 wins out of that team haha.  I think Kelly is an absolutely brilliant offensive mind.  I also happen to think he's a bit out there and can see why players would have a lot of difficulty relating to and playing for him. 

Urban Meyer runs a fairly similar offensive concept to what Chip did at Oregon.  It seems to be working out pretty well for him.

Edited by Xmas32
18 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

Kelly isn't currently coaching, so you can hire him and he can start right away, at least recruiting.

That's literally the best case scenario for Florida. There is ZERO way Frost is going to bail on UCF right now. At the end of the year he'll probably listen to offers which is why I'm not getting too amped up with anyone firing their coach right now. Riley is gone, I'd be shocked if he stays at this point, the only way it happens is if he's undefeated the rest of the season IMO.