** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Well not buying the whole quest thing for MR.  He was under pressure and about ready to get run out of Corvallis.  I said it when it happened one of the all time worst hires in College Football.

As far as Scott Frost I'm a huge fan, dude is a born winner and has all the traits.  I don't think he is a good fit for Nebraska.

The Oregon offense he is running is perfect for Florida athletes. Its based on pure speed.  The Kelly/Frost offense has fundamental flaws and its easily exposed and defended by good defenses and good coaches.

Oregon never could win the big one versus the big boys.  I'll take a massive mean and jacked O-line and D-line with a top knotch Defense anyday over that fun high tempo offense.

Defense wins championships as well as controlling the line of scrimage.

I'm happy for Scott Frost and the success of his program, but lets face it.  They've really not played anyone that tough.

Austin Peay hung 30 plus points on them. You talk about a rising star check out that young coach from AP.

NO-SOUP-FOR-YOU.jpg

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Besides Frost being a Nebraska native, wouldn't people complain about the offense he would be running? I find it hard to believe he would completely change his philosophy.

Why would people complain about his offense?  His offense is #1 in scoring and #5 in total offense in the country.  Explain to me how this is something that Husker fans would complain about.

• Plus1 5

Landlord I suggest you look at the building going on in just about every campus.  TV money is huge, football drives the bus.  Spending money on facilities at every level is at a high.  

You are living in the past if you think we are the top of the food chain in facilities.  Iowa State wins out this year, who knows what they will invest in the cash cow. 

I did not say UCF could do it.  I said every major team and major conference.  Iowa State isn't a major player, but I wouldn't want to tell Oklahoma or TCU that right now.

Times are changing, and very rapidly.  If Nebraska has any hope of ever returning to the top tier of college football, it better get this hire correct, who ever it is.

The guy I wanted 10 years ago and 3 years ago, his pay out is over 14 million.  They are only going to get higher and higher.  I think Dabo's is 40 million.

1 minute ago, skersfan said:

Landlord I suggest you look at the building going on in just about every campus.  TV money is huge, football drives the bus.  Spending money on facilities at every level is at a high.  

You are living in the past if you think we are the top of the food chain in facilities.  Iowa State wins out this year, who knows what they will invest in the cash cow. 

I did not say UCF could do it.  I said every major team and major conference.  Iowa State isn't a major player, but I wouldn't want to tell Oklahoma or TCU that right now.

Times are changing, and very rapidly.  If Nebraska has any hope of ever returning to the top tier of college football, it better get this hire correct, who ever it is.

The guy I wanted 10 years ago and 3 years ago, his pay out is over 14 million.  They are only going to get higher and higher.  I think Dabo's is 40 million.

Who is this guy?

14 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Besides Frost being a Nebraska native, wouldn't people complain about the offense he would be running? I find it hard to believe he would completely change his philosophy.

Why would we complain about a power running offense that's pretty much always been top 5 in the country at Oregon and now at UCF? 

2 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I did not say UCF could do it.  I said every major team and major conference

Okay that's pretty vague, so just tell me how many teams qualify as major teams in major conferences.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Why would we complain about a power running offense that's pretty much always been top 5 in the country at Oregon and now at UCF? 

People always find a way to complain but off the top of my head: Frost doesn't operate from the I-formation. And his power offense doesn't out-muscle the opponent. I suspect RTDB guy won't be happy unless we go back to TO's offense with the same success as TO had.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

People always find a way to complain but off the top of my head: Frost doesn't operate from the I-formation. And his power offense doesn't out-muscle the opponent. I suspect RTDB guy won't be happy unless we go back to TO's offense with the same success as TO had.

RTDB guy isn't someone that anyone takes seriously in the first place. There will be somebody that complains about everything, but if you're asking if the baseline Nebraska fan will have a legitimate problem with the offense Frost runs if it looks like it does currently, then no, I don't think so.

• Plus1 1

I am not going to take the time to go thru 60 schools facilities upgrades.  Heck isn't Northwestern supposed to be in the hunt for the best in the country when theirs are done.  The arms race has been going on for years and it is getting bigger.   Every time an AD is spoken to on TV or Radio, they mention how they are upgrading facilities.  Damned near every pre game on TV shows cranes all around the university, no matter how big or small.

This has been the problem with Nebraska fan for years and years.  We seem to think we are the only ones upgrading, wanting to get better.  Every program out there in a power 5 conference is making strides to improve and it is because of the TV money.   At least every AD says it is.

If you put an offense at Nebraska that wins, a defense that dominates, every single Husker fan will be happy I think.

Personally I would like to find a coach with more experience at this level.  But can see the positives of bringing in the home town boy.  We just have to wait and see. 

30 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

If they paid attention to the 1997 season, they would know you can run shotgun and be overpowering. What Scott is running is quite similar to what TO’s offense was heading to in its evolution.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Vizsla1 said:

Do we really think SF would want to come to this dumpster fire here?  And, if he did, how long and patient would we really be?  Can we wait 4-6 years for a BCS game?  Now, if we could get Saban Type (dream, I know)... do we think it would take 4-6 years to be in a BCS game? My thoughts, SF 4-6 years - Saban  Type 2-3 years...so, since our ticket sales are at risk, the brand is watered down, tv people are starting to dislike us...we are hemmoraging $$$-- so, to address an original post on another thread-- if we are spending $5-8 million, would SF be the best coach for the $$$?

Vizsla, I just wanted to apologize if my initial response to your post sounded rude.  I didn't mean for it to sound flippant or to dismiss your questions.  If I were to respond to you in person it would be in a cajoling manner as if I was talking to my brother.  The reason I think Scott would come her is not only for football.  As you probably know, he is a Nebraska native and he and his wife are expecting their first child (if they haven't had it already).  I'm sure that they are considering coming home to Nebraska as it is a wonderful place to raise a family and Scott's folks are still around here (I thought I heard Lincoln).  Scott seems to be the kind of guy who likes a challenge.  I would venture to guess that we would be very patient with Scott considering he is a 'favored son' of Husker Nation.  While we would like to think that if Nick Saban came here he would transfer this team into a #1 winning team in 2-3 years but who knows?  Our ticket sales are not at risk.  Most of the tickets have already been purchased by the boosters etc.  Our brand is still a strong point-Most sports reporters and other coaches are looking forward to Nebraska returning to the top 10 again.  College football is more exciting when Nebraska is playing well. 

I'm curious: What tv people are starting to dislike us?  If you're talking about ESPN-they've never liked us even when Trev Alberts was there!  Money will never be a problem at Nebraska as long as Warren Buffet is one of our main boosters.  We have very deep coffers.

Maybe a better question is fit:  Is Scott Frost a good fit for Nebraska?  It remains to be seen.  Given that his mentor was Tom Osborne, I'm sure Scott could fit wherever he goes.  My fear is that he just wants to stay where he is-winning at UCF. 

Current Vegas Odds on our next Head Coach for 2018:

Scott Frost +150

Mike Riley +275

Chip Kelly +300

Matt Campbell +400

Dan Mullen +600

Les Miles +650

Kyle Whittingham +700

When odds came out in 2014 after Bo was fired (in order from best odds on top): Riley wasn't listed 

Scott Frost 

Greg Schiano

Tom Herman

Pat Narduzzi

Jim McElwwin

Jerry Kill

Matt Wells 

Edited by BIG ERN
  • Plus1 3