** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's your proof people, he's completely locked in and isn't going to entertain any offers and take a job midseason and he shouldn't. The only time he's going to listen to anything is probably after the season is over. Yes things could be going on behind closed doors, but to think he's just going to jump on another job midseason is pretty unrealistic. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

If I were Scott, I wouldn't take the Oregon job anyway - he'd be always compared to Kelly which is a much more recent coach to compare against vs comparing him to Tom.  At NU he'll be compared to MR, BP, BC, Frank. 

Every head coach at Nebraska will absolutely and unequivocally be compared against Tom Osborne. Especially Scott Frost who has essentially been immortalized into the legend that is mid-90s Nebraska football.

7 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Also check out the 25 million dollar plus upgrade to the athletic facility at UCF.  

Building a lazy river and beach for the athletes. Total resort feel. 

I'm impressed with that AD.  Wants to win and has a vision.  

I think they have the lazy river in or maybe that is FGCU...either way that would be freaking awesom

8 minutes ago, Undone said:

Every head coach at Nebraska will absolutely and unequivocally be compared against Tom Osborne. Especially Scott Frost who has essentially been immortalized into the legend that is mid-90s Nebraska football.

Yes to some extent but MR has lowered the bar.  I think where MR lost me this year (as much as the NIU loss) was that Oregon and OSU games were over before halftime (completely embarrassing).  I don't think Frost solves much by wins-losses right away but I believe he will put a more competitive team on the field.  One that competes with OSU and beats Purdue soundly.    

You don't have to worry about the Oregon job. Frost didn't even put his name in the hat when it came open.  

He has turned down several Power 5 requests for interest/interviews.

He's not bailing on these players. I still say stays at UCF or comes to Nebraska after the season if MR is fired.

I have zero concern of him leaving for any other school. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Yes to some extent but MR has lowered the bar.  I think where MR lost me this year (as much as the NIU loss) was that Oregon and OSU games were over before halftime (completely embarrassing).  I don't think Frost solves much by wins-losses right away but I believe he will put a more competitive team on the field.  One that competes with OSU and beats Purdue soundly.    

This was my thinking as well.  Only us old timers will remember the TO days and will have to resist the temptation to compare him wt Tom.  For me, Tom is one of those once in a lifetime type coaches.  If Scott comes any where close, it will be amazing.  However, if I can see Tom's influence in the way Scott coaches, in his understanding of NU culture and the Nebraska way, then that is enough.  I don't expect Scott to resurrect Tom's offense.  But it will be neat to see Tom's influences in Scott's offense and coaching & team building.

Well not buying the whole quest thing for MR.  He was under pressure and about ready to get run out of Corvallis.  I said it when it happened one of the all time worst hires in College Football.

As far as Scott Frost I'm a huge fan, dude is a born winner and has all the traits.  I don't think he is a good fit for Nebraska.

The Oregon offense he is running is perfect for Florida athletes. Its based on pure speed.  The Kelly/Frost offense has fundamental flaws and its easily exposed and defended by good defenses and good coaches.

Oregon never could win the big one versus the big boys.  I'll take a massive mean and jacked O-line and D-line with a top knotch Defense anyday over that fun high tempo offense.

Defense wins championships as well as controlling the line of scrimage.

I'm happy for Scott Frost and the success of his program, but lets face it.  They've really not played anyone that tough.

Austin Peay hung 30 plus points on them. You talk about a rising star check out that young coach from AP.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Husker2019 said:

2 BCS bowl wins and playoff win?

Exactly, +1. Our fan base crapping on Kelly's accomplishments is hilarious.

Kelly essentially had three seasons where if his defense was just a little bit better (not a lot better - just a little better), he probably would have walked away with three rings.

We love to spout the "defense wins championships" line but even in 2009 & 2010 our NFL-loaded roster didn't put us in the same zip code as Chip Kelly.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Undone said:

Exactly, +1. Our fan base crapping on Kelly's accomplishments is hilarious.

Kelly essentially had three seasons where if his defense was just a little bit better (not a lot better - just a little better), he probably would have walked away with three rings.

We love to spout the "defense wins championships" line but even in 2009 & 2010 our NFL-loaded roster didn't put us in the same zip code as Chip Kelly.

Well some of those accomplishments were Mark Helfrich, to be fair and accurate.  However, I agree that acting like they accomplished nothing when he won 3 Conference Titles, had 3 straight top 5 finishes, won 2 BCS Bowl games and went to one ALL FOUR YEARS HE WAS THE HEAD COACH, and appeared in a National Championship game all with a 46-7 record is ridiculous.

• Plus1 1