** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

According to the latest USAToday article on highest paid coaches, his buyout is $8.1M.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

That list confused me a bit.  Is the "buyout" the amount that other schools would have to pay the current school if they hire their coach, or is it the amount owed to the coach if the coach is fired?  I read it as the latter, or is it both?

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That list confused me a bit.  Is the "buyout" the amount that other schools would have to pay the current school if they hire their coach, or is it the amount owed to the coach if the coach is fired?  I read it as the latter, or is it both?

I assume it's both.  

Edit:  It is what the school owes the coach if they fire him.  It's listed at the bottom of the article

Edited by StPaulHusker
  • Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Thanks for the link, weirdly complicated but footballscoop broke down his contract where upfront money brings it down.

http://footballscoop.com/news/willie-taggarts-buyout-makes-shockingly-available/

Yeah.  I corrected myself in that the buyout shown in my link is if a school fires the coach before 12-1-17.  So buyouts to get out of a contract by the coach could be different

• Plus1 2

Yes, open up Oregon.  Take Florida off of the "Frost - gotta him list".   If I were Scott, I wouldn't take the Oregon job anyway - he'd be always compared to Kelly which is a much more recent coach to compare against vs comparing him to Tom.  At NU he'll be compared to MR, BP, BC, Frank.  He will be an immediate upgrade to those 4 IMHO.  At Oregon he comes back as the former OC, at NU he comes back as favored son and NC QB  besides all of the positives he is showing as a coach.  Roll out the :band

At this point, MR could end the season at 6-6 or 7-5 and I still think it is time for a change. I've seen enough after 3 years. 

40 Net Rushing Yards Folks!:facepalm: For the Game!! :facepalm::facepalm:Against Purdue!!!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: