** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Got a strong feeling based on Moos's statement that Frost is very high on the coach list if not the very top.

It seems like it to me too.  I could be reading into his statement too much as well I guess.

Edited by RedNebraskan
  • Plus1 2

We like Moos now which is a good start.  I just hope he makes a home run hire for this football team and not disappoint. Very nice guy from the sound of it, but hopefully he has a side that's not afraid to make tough decisions, and hire the right people.  

After listening to this, I think we hire Scott Frost if he is willing to leave UCF this year.  If he isn't I think Mike Riley is retained until Coach Frost is ready.  I don't think because of his character, ethics he will leave UCF this year.   A year of investment time would be worth getting him here I think.  He really is the only coach that will unite the whole fan base.   But Mike must understand that no matter the results if Coach Frost agrees to come after the 2018 season he retires.  If that could be worked out, which I think it could be, you might retain coach Riley as a media representative.  They love him no question.   Getting Moos, Coach Frost and having a guy the media loves involved could be real good for Nebraska.

I am not saying keep Coach Riley by any means.  As some have said he is in the twilight of his career.  We need the young "knight" in shinning armor.   If we bring in another coach, the door for sure will close on Coach Frost.  Are we willing to take one for the team I guess is the question?  I think I would be.

Sumlin is a geat coach and would increase recruiting in Texas that moving to the Big has nearly killed it seems to me.

Chip Kelly just does not seem like a fit to me.  Plus even though he is cleared, the NCAA will be watching him closely

Campbell a huge buy out, but if Frost can not be obtained seemed like the best fit going with youth

Whittingham to me just seems like a great fit.  But has been at Utah a long time.

I really do not want to see Nebraska take a chance on a young DC or OC.  We need structure,  and proven leadership.  Coach Frost would be better with 5 years experience but we would be paying close to 10 million a year on his current trajectory.  Better to get him now if we can.

1 hour ago, Rike Miley said:

This is a must listen.  Man I love Bill Moos.  What he said about PSU and other top programs that had down years is spot freaking on!  Also said he is doing year round coaching searches just in case, for every sport.  This is a guy that just gets "it" and we are lucky to have him on our side!

Moos must be doing the rounds--he was on the 93.7 Ticket morning show today, and he was both forthcoming yet reserved with information. 

But bottom line is, he's not only saying the right things, he's going out, meeting people, shaking babies, kissing hands, and he's actually getting out there and communicating with the fanbase--something Eichorst seemed to revile. 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, skersfan said:

After listening to this, I think we hire Scott Frost if he is willing to leave UCF this year.  If he isn't I think Mike Riley is retained until Coach Frost is ready.  I don't think because of his character, ethics he will leave UCF this year.   A year of investment time would be worth getting him here I think.  He really is the only coach that will unite the whole fan base.   But Mike must understand that no matter the results if Coach Frost agrees to come after the 2018 season he retires.  If that could be worked out, which I think it could be, you might retain coach Riley as a media representative.  They love him no question.   Getting Moos, Coach Frost and having a guy the media loves involved could be real good for Nebraska.

I am not saying keep Coach Riley by any means.  As some have said he is in the twilight of his career.  We need the young "knight" in shinning armor.   If we bring in another coach, the door for sure will close on Coach Frost.  Are we willing to take one for the team I guess is the question?  I think I would be.

Sumlin is a geat coach and would increase recruiting in Texas that moving to the Big has nearly killed it seems to me.

Chip Kelly just does not seem like a fit to me.  Plus even though he is cleared, the NCAA will be watching him closely

Campbell a huge buy out, but if Frost can not be obtained seemed like the best fit going with youth

Whittingham to me just seems like a great fit.  But has been at Utah a long time.

I really do not want to see Nebraska take a chance on a young DC or OC.  We need structure,  and proven leadership.  Coach Frost would be better with 5 years experience but we would be paying close to 10 million a year on his current trajectory.  Better to get him now if we can.

If you value the sellout streak and donor money, no you don't take one for the team.  People made themselves loud and clear against tOSU.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I wonder how easy it is to have an explosive offense when the defenses you've faced have been ranked #73-129 and one FCS team.

Without looking it up, I can't tell if you're talking about UCF or Nebraska.  So I'd have to say UCF, because Nebraska hasn't had an explosive offense.

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Moos must be doing the rounds--he was on the 93.7 Ticket morning show today, and he was both forthcoming yet reserved with information. 

But bottom line is, he's not only saying the right things, he's going out, meeting people, shaking babies, kissing hands, and he's actually getting out there and communicating with the fanbase--something Eichorst seemed to revile. 

that'll get him fired

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Without looking it up, I can't tell if you're talking about UCF or Nebraska.  So I'd have to say UCF, because Nebraska hasn't had an explosive offense.

Yes UCF

Nebraska has faced 3 Top 15 total defense teams and 2 more Top 20 to go

Edited by StPaulHusker