** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, CheeseHusker said:

Apparently it's not a joke, it's Tennessee law.

He wasn't charged or convicted of anything.

Someone else said he knew about it, he said he didn't know about it. There is no law that says if you are accused of something you have to register.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Sparker said:

We all know that. He already said as much at his last presser.

That doesn't mean Frost can technically sign anything.

That doesn't mean Moos can meet or talk with him directly "officially".

Nothing happening at other schools will affect the timeline for Frost and Nebraska. Moos has already proven he doesn't care what other schools do. UCF would be dumb to announce anything until after the CCG.

Moos said he wasn't going to fire Riley until after the season. 

Moos said he is going to respect Frost's season through the CCG.

He will.

Moos and Frost can agree to the specifics of the deal without directly meeting.  Everything can be done by 3rd parties, which sounds like most of it has already been done.

I know Moos would prefer this wait until after this Saturday, but there could be a very small chance that UCF pushes the timing of things up.  It's probably unlikely, but they could feel like a jaded lover.  I don't know how old you are, but in March 1989, Michigan's basketball coach, Bill Froeder, had accepted a new coaching job with Arizona State effective at the end of the season.  Bo Schembechler, who was Michigan AD at the time, basically told him to go to ASU immediately.  Michigan named Steve Fischer the interim head coach, and they won the National Championship by going through the NCAA Tournament.

I am not saying that this will happen in this instance, but if UCF asks Frost "Do you want to take the NU job", and he says "Yes", they might just tell him to go immediately.

7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If so a crude move by UCF. You'd think they'd want to focus on securing a conference championship from an admin standpoint but I can understand not wanting to get left with your pants down and no options because you think you have a good shot at keeping your guy.

They'd be silly to not try to do everything possible to keep Frost, so nothing they do at this point should surprise anyone.... However, I take this as more of them seeing the writing on the wall, and wanting to get ahead of everything to land the next best coach. There are a lot of decent coaches and coordinators who should be interested in that job if it's available, but UCF needs to start talking to those coaches like yesterday to land one. With as many openings as the is and as many coordinators who are going to be mincing themselves, UCF needs to be ontop of it all, which means learning from Frost one way or another (and maybe announcing his decision just to creat some publicity for the job opening).

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Moos and Frost can agree to the specifics of the deal without directly meeting.  Everything can be done by 3rd parties, which sounds like most of it has already been done.

I know Moos would prefer this wait until after this Saturday, but there could be a very small chance that UCF pushes the timing of things up.  It's probably unlikely, but they could feel like a jaded lover.  I don't know how old you are, but in March 1989, Michigan's basketball coach, Bill Froeder, had accepted a new coaching job with Arizona State effective at the end of the season.  Bo Schembechler, who was Michigan AD at the time, basically told him to go to ASU immediately.  Michigan named Steve Fischer the interim head coach, and they won the National Championship by going through the NCAA Tournament.

I am not saying that this will happen in this instance, but if UCF asks Frost "Do you want to take the NU job", and he says "Yes", they might just tell him to go immediately.

Got it. Well, hopefully they are as dumb as Schlmefleckler. Would be a win for us, but that would suck for Frost and his team.