** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, FearAmeer said:

The fact florida thought they even had a chance at frost :lol:. I'll take one cup of tears please!

More funny is UCF fans still think he is staying.  Those fans are horrible, and I can't wait to read their boards when Frost is N

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

UCF meeting with Frost today trying to talk him into staying.  He had previously been offered a contract extension but hadn't signed it.  

UCF also making plans for their next coach - compling their own list.

UCF media guys thinking Frost is gone.

Brian Christopherson is using his 24/7 comrades at UCF to get some news out there.  The assistant coaches salary pool will definitely be a big factor, that's where NU should always trump UCF.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

I saw that posted at volnation. I think it was an insult, not a point of fact.

2 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

I thought it was initially a joke too, but I've seen it multiple places.

Fortunately, not our problem. 

According to Wikipedia he wasn't charged or convicted of a crime. There is no way Tennessee has a law like that. He denied any knowledge of the incident. Its his word against the other coach.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, CheeseHusker said:

It makes you wonder if UCF handles it badly, Scott may want to bolt sooner.

Scott will want to earn a ring if he gets the chance. It may hurt our recruiting class this year, but could pay dividends over the next 5 year's. You don't get to play for a championship ever year, he's got to finish the job of he's given the chance.

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

More funny is UCF fans still think he is staying.  Those fans are horrible, and I can't wait to read their boards when Frost is N

Bout 100 pages or so ago there were shared images from their board of one particularly loud mouthed UCF Fan who promised over and over Scott was staying and NU was a POS.  Would love to hear his commentary now.

1 minute ago, Sparker said:

He wasn't charged or convicted of anything.

Someone else said he knew about it, he said he didn't know about it. There is no law that says if you are accused of something you have to register.

Did he get any type of official negative decree from the university or state?  If he is considered a public educator, I could see where he might not necessarily need a conviction in a state depending on state law.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No way does the Tennessee/Schiano deal get finalized. Currie (their Eichorst-esque AD) will likely get canned, and they'll try to follow the Nebraska blueprint.

I think you are correct.  The "fire Schiano" thread at volnation is several pages long.

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Tennessee is an even worse job than Florida. The expectations are about as high and it's harder to recruit there.

No kidding! This is what they are telling their recruits according to this article.  (btw Shout out to Knappic for sharing with me why it is so important to have your coach in place as soon as your regular season is over.   https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-football-podcast-currie-deadline-11-1317.