** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Scoft trost said:

What a dumpster fire of a college coaching carousel.  It seems all quiet on the plains of Nebraska in media world.  Nebraska fans need to really appreciate both the AD’s handling of the coaching change and also need to really appreciate the timing of Frost being where he is as a coach and where his roots are.  If Frost leaves UCF for Nebraksa it's a big time hire.  With each new season accross the land fans are becoming more impatient, more irrational and in turn it's becoming more common, more expensive and more hazardous to change a coach.  Nebraska needs to fasten the seatbelt snug and hold on for the ride to come.  Frost deserves many years of program building.  The pitchforks and torches cannot come out for a losing season next yr.  There is no coach who is realistically ever coming to Nebraska with as much culture fit, fan support, and family ties as Frost.  This is a marriage that has to work.  

So you're the guy that stole @Rike Miley next HB ID?????

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Now that they are no longer coaching, I wish the local media would start interviewing the defensive coaches so we can start piecing together what happened to our blackshirts. And stop harassing the Frosts.

I think it would be in any assistant coach's best interest to just be quiet and see what happens

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Sparker said:

no. if you haven't seen the quotes, watch it

I have seen the quotes but must’ve missed why they called a presser. If he isn’t going to tell UCF that he’s not coming back or reveal that he is coming home to Nebraska, what’s the point of the presser? Thanks Sparker. 

Edited by ladyhawke

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I think it would be in any assistant coach's best interest to just be quiet and see what happens

^ This.  If any assistant coach were to go public on what went wrong with the team, they would be seen as dis-loyal within the coaching community, and could have a hard time getting that next job.

Edited by ColoradoHusk

Its not a new concept or factual news but there are many rumors in Orlando about frost bringing several of his staff members.  Fans are worried the cupboards may be bare when the dust settles.  I would imagne UCF will lose 3 maybe 4 assistants.  Dont know about Nebraskas former assistants but I would think that keeping the ones with the strongest recruiting ties would be beneficial.

Edited by Scoft trost

Just now, Scoft trost said:

Its not a new concept or factual news but there are many rumors in Orlando about frost bringing several of his staff members.  Fans are worried the cupboards may be bare when the dust settles.  I would imagne UCF will lose 3 maybe 4 assistants.  Dont know about Nebraskas former assistants but I would think that keeping the ones with the strongest receuiting ties would be beneficial.

Didn't he bring them to Orlando to begin with?

1 minute ago, Scoft trost said:

Its not a new concept or factual news but there are many rumors in Orlando about frost bringing several of his staff members.  Fans are worried the cupboards may be bare when the dust settles.  I would imagne UCF will lose 3 maybe 4 assistants.  Dont know about Nebraskas former assistants but I would think that keeping the ones with the strongest receuiting ties would be beneficial.

There is a chance they will lose more than that.  If Troy Walters gets a HC job elsewhere, some assistants would go with him, I would assume.