** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, GamingGlen said:

I was wondering about that.   If the assistants that are coming to Lincoln aren't discreet, that would be a sign of things to come.   I suppose they have to work through

agents as well to locate and line up places to live.

Correct.  Not necessarily contacting their personal employment representatives but think about how many people you would have to contact if you were moving 1500 miles away in 10 days. 

3 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

I was wondering about that.   If the assistants that are coming to Lincoln aren't discreet, that would be a sign of things to come.   I suppose they have to work through

agents as well to locate and line up places to live.

Does anyone have any knowledge of UCF people having any 3rd party people start housing searches for them?

Just now, swmohusker said:

That would be awesome, but from the sound of it on twitter the WR's were saying goodbye to KW.  You would think if he was staying they would know right?

I don't think anyone would know right after. Everyone had to be fired due to contractual things that tied them to Riley is what I have heard. If Moos didn't say Frost is going to be your next head coach I doubt he would tell the players or assistants which guys Frost might keep around. I'm sure if Frost was interested in keeping some guys Moos may have had a conversation with them about the possibility of staying but nothing can be set in stone yet except that everyone is fired. 

Just now, Crazyhole said:

Correct.  Not necessarily contacting their personal employment representatives but think about how many people you would have to contact if you were moving 1500 miles away in 10 days. 

I get what you're saying, but they wouldn't be "moving" right away.  Most of them would be living out of suitcases through the end of recruiting in February, so they can look to "move" in February.  If they have wives and families, they probably tell them to stay where they are until the summer.

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I hope Frost (or whomever) show Bray the door as well. I haven't seen anything from his LB's over the past three years that would suggest he's worth keeping.

I think all of the D assistant coaches should get a slight pass. It's clear to me that guys regressed because of a system change. Diaco's system conflicted with every coach's philosophy. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I get what you're saying, but they wouldn't be "moving" right away.  Most of them would be living out of suitcases through the end of recruiting in February, so they can look to "move" in February.  If they have wives and families, they probably tell them to stay where they are until the summer.

Moving from warm Florida to cold Nebraska in the winter has to be a downer.   It would be for me.  I hate the cold.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Guys, that's a totally normal thing for the media to do. The station who sent the crew there shouldn't be in trouble.

Put down the torches & pitchforks.

1 hour ago, tyrone_biggums said:

Exactly, I know we all would be reading the article with a quote from either of his parents.

As someone who is a member of the media, albeit not in TV, no it is not normal.

It is very dependant on the ethics and morals of the owner and editor/producer. And this station is lacking in both of those areas. 

Requesting permission is critical especially when doing something like that. It is a burden not just to the target story but those around them as well. 

Some stations do that, but many don't. Especially for something so petty as hiring a head coach. 

If they got permission it's fine. If not then in my opinion, there's no rules against it to note, as well as the opinion of many of my colleagues I work with that it's pretty trashy and unprofessional.

So just my 2 cents. 

• Plus1 7