** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

23 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

I read this, just like I have read the last few very short articles these UCF media guys write. The title reads what their mind is thinking, but their article leaves them writing like they have a little bit of hope that he will stay.

Well, you know he's a QB, but his heart's in corn. 

He had to leave the program high, so he wouldn't come home low. 

Just when he coached things right, it doesn't mean they were always wrong. 

He'll take this song, and he'll never feel left...all alone. 

Take Dr. Tom to your heart, feel the option in your bones
Just one more game, and he's comin' off this long recruiting road. 

He's on his way...he's on his waaaaaaAAAaaaaaYYYYyyyyy...Home Sweet Home

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Well, you know he's a QB, but his heart's in corn. 

He had to leave the program high, so he wouldn't come home low. 

Just when he coached things right, it doesn't mean they were always wrong. 

He'll take this song, and he'll never feel left...all alone. 

Take Dr. Tom to your heart, feel the option in your bones
Just one more game, and he's comin' off this long recruiting road. 

He's on his way...he's on his waaaaaaAAAaaaaaYYYYyyyyy...Home Sweet Home

This is fantastic!  

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

All I read was coach of the year, Milton as offensive player of the year and 16 players named all conference......Frost can coach and develop the kids he has.......

IMHO, if he isn't taking the job, he would've already announced that for two reasons......

1) Let NU to move on to plan B

2) Let his players know he is staying and concentrate on winning the AAC...

You don't announce you're staying with your team after the CC.  The only logical announcement would be that you are leaving...

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Interesting though I think Norvell will get a HC position somewhere (TN, Arkansas) and assume his OC would follow him or become HC at Memphis.

To be honest, I could see Held take over as OC if Walters stays at UCF.

2 hours ago, RedNebraskan said:

Filling in for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.  He does the typical "I don't like him for these reasons"  but backtracks and says "Smart guy, knows football".  

He isn’t back tracking on his support of SF as the HC at DONU. Verzal has been honest that he doesn’t like SF personally, but he has also not waivered on respecting SF as a coach and has said that he feels that SF is the right fit for NU and Verzal wants the best for his Alma Mater just like SF does so he will be behind him 100%. Just because he doesn’t like the guy doesn’t meant that he doesn’t want him to be the coach. It is this same BS conclusion drawing that has people seeing some sort of beef Damon Benning has with with SF, when he he doesn’t.

Edited by caveman99
  • Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

Sources within the UCF media community have confirmed that an announcement for Frost’s change of hats will be on Saturday night after the Knights play Memphis at Spectrum Stadium.

Knight News will be following any major announcements in addition to Saturday’s game coverage. Should Frost change his mind to stay at UCF, we will post an announcement outside of coverage – this one likely in all caps.

Sounds to me like they think he's leaving and it'll be announced Sat. night. The title is misleading, but nothing in the article says decision Sat. night, it says announcement. 

6 hours ago, FTW said:

Anyone see this? Herbstreit trolling Nebraska again, says he he's heard Frost is going to Florida State :facepalm:

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-scott-frost-kirk-herbstreit-espn/amp

Chap doesn't even get Frost's birthplace correct. Scott wasn't a Wood River native (born there). That's where he played high school ball and one of schools that his parents coached at. 

Stick to peddling soap Herbstreit! 

11 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

He isn’t back tracking on his support of SF as the HC at DONU. Verzal has been honest that he doesn’t like SF personally, but he has also not waivered on respecting SF as a coach and has said that he feels that SF is the right fit for NU and Verzal wants the best for his Alma Mater just like SF does so he will be behind him 100%. Just because he doesn’t like the guy can’t meant that he doesn’t want him to be the coach. It is this same BS conclusion drawing that has people seeing some sort of beef Damon Benning has with with SF, when he he doesn’t.

So has Verzal, Benning, or Moore actually come out and plainly said what their personal beef is with SF?  One poster on this board claimed he heard Benning call SF a "creeper" back several years ago on the radio.