** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I respectfully disagree.  It's not about money with all these coaches.  GA from Oregon State just walked away from over 12 million.

Frost likes to win and he put this plan in place after meeting with TO.  

Big factor with Frost is the ability to play golf and not fly all over the country recruiting.

Interesting article when Scott got hired by UCF saying as much.  He turned down several job interviews while at Oregon.

Believe me I hope he is the 2018 Husker coach, but I don't see it happening. 

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I don't think Frost leaves UCF for any school this year.  Man of his word. Had this plan in place to get hired at UCF.  

Largest student body in U.S.  Orlando one of the fastest growing areas in US.  

Has a contract with Nike via his Oregon Ties. Check the space uniforms his team is wearing this weekend.

Massive upgrade of the faciities and training facility.  65 recruits at last game all mainly in-state.

Frost is a winner and has the "It" factor.  He has said numerous times he wants to build that program to a national contender.  

I think he turns down all offers.

Still can't get people to go to the games.

24 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I don't think Frost leaves UCF for any school this year.  Man of his word. Had this plan in place to get hired at UCF.  

Largest student body in U.S.  Orlando one of the fastest growing areas in US.  

Has a contract with Nike via his Oregon Ties. Check the space uniforms his team is wearing this weekend.

Massive upgrade of the faciities and training facility.  65 recruits at last game all mainly in-state.

Frost is a winner and has the "It" factor.  He has said numerous times he wants to build that program to a national contender.  

I think he turns down all offers.

I disagree. If he wants to be a national title contender, it isn't going to work at UCF. They aren't in a Power Five conference. Fair or not, you need to be at a Power Five school to truly be one of the big boys. 

25 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I respectfully disagree.  It's not about money with all these coaches.  GA from Oregon State just walked away from over 12 million.

Frost likes to win and he put this plan in place after meeting with TO.  

Big factor with Frost is the ability to play golf and not fly all over the country recruiting.

Interesting article when Scott got hired by UCF saying as much.  He turned down several job interviews while at Oregon.

Believe me I hope he is the 2018 Husker coach, but I don't see it happening. 

I don't see why the travel would be an issue. If he uses private jets from Nebraska, then most of his destinations would be closer time wise than driving from UCF.

@Mavric - Seeing Frost top that list is pretty eye-opening. His stock is going up week by week, there is no arguing that. I see the pros outweighing the cons each time I consider firing Riley for Frost at the end of this season.

I still think the key is whether or not he can bring in the supporting cast to really churn out the product we're expecting.

And I also still think the main factor that trumps this entire discussion is what our regular season record winds up being this year. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I don't see why the travel would be an issue. If he uses private jets from Nebraska, then most of his destinations would be closer time wise than driving from UCF.

Obviously you still have to recruit as a head coach, but assistants always do the heavy lifting. It's not like Frost would have to be the top recruiter on staff. He'd have to do in-home visits in December and January, but he wouldn't have to recruit outside of Lincoln at any other point if he didn't want to. He'd still have to do stuff when kids visit Nebraska, but that applies to every head coach anyways. Get the right assistants to take care of recruiting. 

• Plus1 2

Where's your god now?

EDIT - Mostly I posted this thread because the stats in the tweet are an interesting oddity (and nothing more) but the first thing I thought of when I saw it was "Where's your god now?" which reminded me of this picture, which for some reason makes me giggle every time I see it.  I just couldn't find it last night when I made this thread because of reasons.

4BiJepM.jpg

• Plus1 6

Something tells me UCF probably does a little more on first down than just line up tight & run it up the middle, though.

3 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

I don’t really care what they do as long as it works 

I'd like for it to be something we can recruit the necessary players for.

• Plus1 1
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic