** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Can someone with a Rivals account share some info on what their fans are saying?

I don't have an account, but look at the thread titles, one is "Bad news: The Gator fans want Frost." Which does bring up a good question: would Frost rather stay in Florida, maybe for the better recruiting territory?

Edit: Here's a Nebraska-specific thread on the free board. Not a whole lot of interesting stuff, but hey. https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/anyone-else-getting-annoyed-with-nebraska-fans.53298/

33 minutes ago, Toe said:

I don't have an account, but look at the thread titles, one is "Bad news: The Gator fans want Frost." Which does bring up a good question: would Frost rather stay in Florida, maybe for the better recruiting territory?

I'm not real in touch with the Florida program, but I'd be real surprised if McElwain got fired this year barring a major meltdown.

13 hours ago, Red Five said:

How do "run the ball guy" and "smash mouth offense guy" feel about Frost's offense averaging 300 passing yards/game?

They ran on 3rd in goal with like 100 linemen and a DT as the FB.

You can't get much more smash mouth than that.

• Plus1 1

Everyone bitching about Frost's offense while UCF continues to dominate their opponents, lol. I do think, if he were here with his staff, we would run RPO but would be more run heavy like 65%. I'm sure Frost is the second to know (behind Osborne) that your chances of success in Lincoln are predicated on a run game. Especially during games in Oct/Nov when it's cold, rainy, and the wind is blowing 20+ mph.

We have to get him not because he's a native Nebraskan and "gets it." He is becoming a hot commodity to the point where some other school might snag him. Then we'll never get the chance to hire him. He'll be some other schools Bob Stoops.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Toe said:

Edit: Here's a Nebraska-specific thread on the free board. Not a whole lot of interesting stuff, but hey. https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/anyone-else-getting-annoyed-with-nebraska-fans.53298/

This is possibly one of the major cons of taking the job here along with the stress is you have to recruit nationality. Our in-state talent isn't as good as it used to be but we can't let our top players go to Iowa, Oregon, UCF, and other schools.

I know Scott doesn't like to travel especially during recruiting but being in FL he can easily drive everywhere and not worry about any layovers or jet lag.

31 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

I'm not real in touch with the Florida program, but I'd be real surprised if McElwain got fired this year barring a major meltdown.

Well, let's take the generalization: If Frost had his pick of teams to take over, would he take Nebraska? Does he want to move back to NE? Does his wife? Would he rather stay in a state like Florida, with a much better recruiting base, or even just better weather? Something I don't think I've seen mentioned: who would his boss be at Nebraska, is it someone he'd get along with?

For a trip down memory lane, here's "Scott's thoughts", originally written way back in 2005: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/56610-scott-frosts-thoughts-from-2005-still-relevant-today/

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Well, let's take the generalization: If Frost had his pick of teams to take over, would he take Nebraska? Does he want to move back to NE? Does his wife? Would he rather stay in a state like Florida, with a much better recruiting base, or even just better weather? Something I don't think I've seen mentioned: who would his boss be at Nebraska, is it someone he'd get along with?

For a trip down memory lane, here's "Scott's thoughts", originally written way back in 2005: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/56610-scott-frosts-thoughts-from-2005-still-relevant-today/

Better weather? When was the last time Nebraska had a game canceled due to a hurricane?  You also don't have to worry about being eaten by an alligator in Nebraska 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, FTW said:

We have to get him not because he's a native Nebraskan and "gets it." He is becoming a hot commodity to the point where some other school might snag him. Then we'll never get the chance to hire him. He'll be some other schools Bob Stoops.

I completely agree with this.

Here's a statistical comparison between the two teams. Nebraska has played had six games, while UCF has played just four due to the hurricane. This doesn't explain or encapsulate everything, but it gives us a decent measuring stick.

(National rankings in parentheses)

Total offense per game: Nebraska 384.3 (85); UCF 533.3 (8)

Rushing offense: Nebraska 148.5 (79); UCF 222.3 (25)

Passing offense: Nebraska 235.8 (63); UCF 311.0 (18)

Passing efficiency: Nebraska 120.08 (96); UCF 196.81 (2)

Scoring offense: Nebraska 27.8 (77); UCF 47.5 (1)

Total defense: Nebraska 355.8 (43); 329.8 (27)

Rushing defense: Nebraska 147.0 (61); UCF 91.0 (9)

Passing yards allowed: Nebraska 208.8 (47); UCF 238.8 (88)

Pass efficiency defense: Nebraska 126.00 (67); UCF 111.09 (27)

Scoring defense: Nebraska 26.7 (73); UCF 15.8 (11)

Turnover margin: Nebraska -0.50 (T-92); UCF 2.00 (2)

Nebraska stats: http://stats.ncaa.org/teams/113591?utf8=✓&year_id=113591&sport_id=66645&commit=Submit&org_sport_name=&org_id=

UCF stats: http://stats.ncaa.org/teams/113543

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Thanks for all the stats and analysis in this thread. I like Frost's offense from what I've seen.

Does anyone know who he'd bring as his DC, if Frost has a defensive philosophy, or if he even involves himself with the defense?

UCF’s current DC is well thought of. UCF fans are hoping if frost leaves he’ll stay and take over HC. 

16 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Thanks for all the stats and analysis in this thread. I like Frost's offense from what I've seen.

Does anyone know who he'd bring as his DC, if Frost has a defensive philosophy, or if he even involves himself with the defense?

I'm pretty sure he would bring Chinander with him.  And yes, he is very involved in the defense.  Besides being a former OC, he was also a very successful DC.  And if you can find his miked-up video I saw a few days ago, you'll he is very hands on with the D in practice.  

28 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Do we have comparative strength of schedules just for reference? Assuming Nebraska has played a tougher slate thus far but probably not by much. 

Here are the current SOS rankings from ESPN.  This is through this past week's games.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Central Florida was significantly higher than NU before this past week.  NU got a bump up from playing Wisconsin, and UCF's SOS was hurt from whipping up on Cincinnati.

• Plus1 1
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic