** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

13 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

I’m sure they can come to some agreement behind the scenes. I just think this scenario is best for all involved. The program doesn’t take a hit for firing another coach, Riley goes out in a respectable manner and everyone moves on

and I think Riley's tired.  I'm not sure if he's ever lived under a microscope before.  His D.O.D. was written on his tombstone  when he brought his assistants with him and I don't really blame him..I think most coaches do it.   He just really had no idea

8 hours ago, brophog said:

This is Frosts Cincinatti pregame press conference.

https://ucf.rivals.com/news/scott-frost-press-conference-cincinnati-week

Compare his tone and assertiveness to Riley's post game Wisconsin press conference.

Dirk Chatelain had a good podcast with Scott's mom, Carol.  The podcast was centered around Carol's own amazing athletic career, but they do talk about Scott and his experiences.  Carol made a funny comment how she made Scott take speech class at Wood River, because they figured it would be a good way to learn how to handle speaking in front of people, and he would probably have to do that being a QB at a big college, etc.  I just thought it was something interesting that she pointed during the interview.

10 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

frost is going to have some insane leverage in terms of how much money we have to pay him. all the fans want him and will be very disappointed if we can't get a nebraska alum to come coach here.

Agreed - we've almost backed ourselves into a corner. The new ad will always be looked disfavorly on/questioned if Frost isn't the hire. Similarly, the new coach will always be compared to Frost - unless we get a homerun hire like Patterson which is slim to none.

21 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

You have the whole 97' NC team Skype him this morning begging him to come home. Have Mr. Rimington in the room as well with a check for $3.5M 

Going to take more than $3.5MM. I still think we land him, but the price is going to be quite high. I also think we need to offer him enough to where it'll pain him to say no.

Just now, fire mike said:

I'm confused, what is the signing bonus?

It's an exaggeration some, but the $3.5M is. Just meaning we need to quit talking like money is an issue around here. Said in previous threads that it's laughable that our HC is paid less than over 40 head coaches! 

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

It's an exaggeration some, but the $3.5M is. Just meaning we need to quit talking like money is an issue around here. Said in previous threads that it's laughable that our HC is paid less than over 40 head coaches! 

Oh, sorry - I agree. $ is, or at least should be, a non-issue. 

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

s#!t, he's angrier after their 30 point win, than our staff is after our 20 point loss.

In hindsight we should've hired him instead of Riley.

Edit- Doesn't sound like he's making crazy promises either....our coaches are doing a great job, want to win our conference.

10 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

In hindsight we should've hired him instead of Riley.

Edit- Doesn't sound like he's making crazy promises either....our coaches are doing a great job, want to win our conference.

Yes thought we should have hired him instead of Riley. However, it wouldn't be all that bad if we hire him for next season and he was able to get 2 years of head coaching experience under his belt. So if Nebraska plays this right it all might work out for the better.

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic