** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Yes thought we should have hired him instead of Riley. However, it wouldn't be all that bad if we hire him for next season and he was able to get 2 years of head coaching experience under his belt. So if Nebraska plays this right it all might work out for the better.

I was leery about that lightweight run-around stuff Oregon was doing working in The BIG , but seeing his emphasis at UCF has changed my opinion on what he's after. In hindsight it seems like a no-brainer.

10 hours ago, brophog said:

This is Frosts Cincinatti pregame press conference.

https://ucf.rivals.com/news/scott-frost-press-conference-cincinnati-week

Compare his tone and assertiveness to Riley's post game Wisconsin press conference.

Thanks for the link.  I noticed the UCF 2018 commit list on the right.  We've been wasting our time with 4 & 5 star recruits if you can have a 25th ranked team with 2 & 3 stars.  Fix that and Riley will win the west!

22 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Thanks for the link.  I noticed the UCF 2018 commit list on the right.  We've been wasting our time with 4 & 5 star recruits if you can have a 25th ranked team with 2 & 3 stars.  Fix that and Riley will win the west!

I noticed that too. College rankings are kinda subject to the whims of coaches and sports writers. But it makes you wonder.

29 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I noticed that too. College rankings are kinda subject to the whims of coaches and sports writers. But it makes you wonder.

I didn't think anyone would take that seriously :facepalm:  

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

How do "run the ball guy" and "smash mouth offense guy" feel about Frost's offense averaging 300 passing yards/game?

You have a point, but that offense is all 'check with me' and RPO. It basically takes whatever the defense gives instead of needlessly pre-structured plays that take very little of the opponent's scheme into account.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

How do "run the ball guy" and "smash mouth offense guy" feel about Frost's offense averaging 300 passing yards/game?

+1. This is so funny Red Five; I was just coming here to post the same thing!

Yes, I want to hear from this crowd as well.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

UCF's starting QB is averaging nearly 300 yards per game on 25 pass attempts per game.  Don't confuse successful passing with an offense that doesn't run the ball.  The ability to hit the big play from an RPO or play action pass is built off a successful run game. 

• Plus1 7
22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

UCF's starting QB is averaging nearly 300 yards per game on 25 pass attempts per game.  Don't confuse successful passing with an offense that doesn't run the ball.  The ability to hit the big play from an RPO or play action pass is built off a successful run game. 

I was going to see how long this would go till someone finally said something like this. Great post

19 minutes ago, Coach Power'T said:

I was going to see how long this would go till someone finally said something like this. Great post

It's such a silly argument to say that because UCF is able to be super efficient in the passing game that they don't commit to the run. NU has a coach who tries to say he wants balance, but has one of the most inefficient offenses I have seen. 

• Plus1 1

I'm generally a fan of more rushing because championship teams tend to run the ball more and B1G games in November tend to lend themselves better to rushing than passing.

However, I don't much care how we get our yards and points, only that we get those yards and points against the better teams on our schedule.

I've been a steady opponent of Langs game plans not so much because he like to pass the ball more than I'd like, but that he insists on doing it even though we continue to complete a poor percentage of those passes and in two out of his three years we've pushed for the national lead in interceptions.  Not to mention that we actually CAN and HAVE run the ball successfully given the opportunity.  He just doesn't give us a lot of opportunities to do that.

It does not bother me in the slightest that UCF's offense is proficient in passing the ball.  Oregon has traditionally been a power running team that can also throw the ball. UCF is currently #18 in passing yards per game but they are also #25 in rushing yards per game and #8 in total offense. 

I could settle for that.

• Plus1 3
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic