** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

My main contention @ColoradoHusk is just our fan base's propensity to find unprecedented ways to complain when things aren't working and to draw the bizarre conclusion that it's because it doesn't look exactly like it did in 1995. 

Probably a lot of hair splitting all around here. 

I believe everyone agrees that we'd all be happy to take whatever would actually bring success back to the program.

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, Undone said:

I would agree with that assessment. 

It's just a fair warning to "run the damn ball" guy that Oregon's system that Frost is currently using is more of a "finesse" running system (if there is such a thing). But, it's not terribly far off from what Beck was doing. Not incredibly similar but not too far off. And we usually didn't have much trouble scoring points against Wisconsin and Iowa. We had trouble letting them stomp us in the run game.  :)

No

• Plus1 1

Even though we watch from afar what Frost is doing at UCF, who knows what he would do here if HC.  Who wouldn't run a spread speed option attack, when you have pure speed at your hands to recruit?  UCF is a rare place to coach at.  I kind of liken it to North Dakota ST.  They are unique to where they are situated.  The Bison get great players from the midwest that are not wanted by Power 5 schools.  FCS, I know, but for the area, its all I can come up with at the moment.  

I don't think that Frost just ended up at UCF by accident.  He knew the potential.   

4 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Even though we watch from afar what Frost is doing at UCF, who knows what he would do here if HC.  Who wouldn't run a spread speed option attack, when you have pure speed at your hands to recruit?  UCF is a rare place to coach at.  I kind of liken it to North Dakota ST.  They are unique to where they are situated.  The Bison get great players from the midwest that are not wanted by Power 5 schools.  FCS, I know, but for the area, its all I can come up with at the moment.  

I don't think that Frost just ended up at UCF by accident.  He knew the potential.   

I agree with a lot of this.  UCF is not a sleeping giant BUT it has some positives.  

On 10/9/2017 at 0:31 PM, Undone said:

I would agree with that assessment. 

It's just a fair warning to "run the damn ball" guy that Oregon's system that Frost is currently using is more of a "finesse" running system (if there is such a thing). But, it's not terribly far off from what Beck was doing. Not incredibly similar but not too far off. And we usually didn't have much trouble scoring points against Wisconsin and Iowa. We had trouble letting them stomp us in the run game.  :)

Except that he isn't running Chip Kelly's offense.  He is running a similar pass system, but not identical.  As far as the run game, it is very different.  He has adapted it by adding elements of the old power scheme of Osborne with G and T pulls along with a whole bunch of hat on hat with TE pulls/leads and innovative stuff.  This is, however, all done out of the shotgun with a lot of RPO also.  He has shown that he will call under center if the situation demands it.

• Plus1 4

NXer-AYU_bigger.jpgAdam McClintock @cfb_professor
FollowFollow @cfb_professor
More

Sure can! Scott Frost Rating: 4.10 Ranking: 8th Grade: A+

6:58 AM - 12 Oct 2017
  • Plus1 1

I don't think Frost leaves UCF for any school this year.  Man of his word. Had this plan in place to get hired at UCF.  

Largest student body in U.S.  Orlando one of the fastest growing areas in US.  

Has a contract with Nike via his Oregon Ties. Check the space uniforms his team is wearing this weekend.

Massive upgrade of the faciities and training facility.  65 recruits at last game all mainly in-state.

Frost is a winner and has the "It" factor.  He has said numerous times he wants to build that program to a national contender.  

I think he turns down all offers.

1 minute ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I don't think Frost leaves UCF for any school this year.  Man of his word. Had this plan in place to get hired at UCF.  

Frost is a winner and has the "It" factor.  He has said numerous times he wants to build that program to a national contender.  

He wanted the Boise job first. That's just coach speak. What do you expect him to say?

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Largest student body in U.S.  Orlando one of the fastest growing areas in US.  

Has a contract with Nike via his Oregon Ties. Check the space uniforms his team is wearing this weekend.

Massive upgrade of the faciities and training facility.  65 recruits at last game all mainly in-state.

I think he turns down all offers.

Frost is leaving UCF after the season. Why? $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Frost: "Honey, I was offerd x job today for $5M/year."

Wife: "No thanks, I would rather live off of our $2M/year salary from UCF." 

SMH

That isn't how life goes when the $5M/year is coming from a legitimate P5 school that can win you a national championship or get you to the NFL with success. 

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic