** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It was reported his agents are going to Florida....it has been confirmed from my understanding Flordia is on to Dan Mullen based on their private jet heading to Mississippi but whatever makes them sleep at night. Frost will be coming home....

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for your insight and posts.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

So Riley's press conference makes it sound like he has received no word from Moos on his future and he actually makes it sound like he is expecting to be here next year.

I'm sure Riley knows, but no coach is going to come into a press conference and go all half baked on everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztCxilMDyDo

34 minutes ago, Kiz said:

If I was a coach thinking about coming to Nebraska, this is the kind of thing that would turn me off.  We are the best fans in college football.  There is no need to disrespect Mike Riley, even as we part ways.

I don't think telling Mike Riley to f#*k off is a good look, but it is okay to be frustrated about the product on the field.  That's on good old Mike Riley.  We as fans have to continue to support the players.  Sometimes passion can get to people, but im sure he means well.  These are hard times for any program, especially with on as prestigious as ours.

1 minute ago, Kernel Red said:

What possible reason would Frost have to put Moos (or Nebraska) in a bad spot.

Perhaps you heard how tough it was for Matt Davison to call the game tonight? That's Scott's best man.

This brings up another very valid reason to believe Scott is coming home. Seriously, if Scott wasn't coming to Nebraska, wouldn't he have told them to move on so they could hire another coach and start recruiting?

The Frost's are some poker playin sunofaguns.  I do not think Scott has agreed to anything official because the AD's office would be shouting it off the roof tops.  I do think there is an "understanding", with the price escalating with every day that Florida does not find a coach.   There is alway a chance that he'll walk, but I'm more inclined to believe he's N.  

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Just him coming off so confidently and spewing the things like he thinks he is the right man for the job to turn this around, I think that is an insult to us fans. Maybe say something else like "I am disappointed with our efforts this season and my efforts and wish to do better."

Did you actually listen to the presser? Because he said that, too.

3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

The Frost's are some poker playin sunofaguns.  I do not think Scott has agreed to anything official because the AD's office would be shouting it off the roof tops.  I do think there is an "understanding", with the price escalating with every day that Florida does not find a coach.   There is alway a chance that he'll walk, but I'm more inclined to believe he's N.  

I just dont think Scott would leave Nebraska with its pants down. Hes not going to screw the program for some extra cash.

Edited by Redreign22
2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Just him coming off so confidently and spewing the things like he thinks he is the right man for the job to turn this around, I think that is an insult to us fans. Maybe say something else like "I am disappointed with our efforts this season and my efforts and wish to do better."

With all he has been through in coaching, I genuinely think he feels like he would get it turned around in another couple years.  Ups and downs, he remains calm.

3 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

What possible reason would Frost have to put Moos (or Nebraska) in a bad spot.

Perhaps you heard how tough it was for Matt Davison to call the game tonight? That's Scott's best man.

This brings up another very valid reason to believe Scott is coming home. Seriously, if Scott wasn't coming to Nebraska, wouldn't he have told them to move on so they could hire another coach and start recruiting?

I think that Scott through his agent had conditions in his contract with Moos.  Things like:

-The decision will not be discussed, which Moos has not.

-Scott would be allowed to coach his UCF team for as long as they played.

-The contract would not be signed until the UCF season, including bowl games were over.

-Scott has full control with regards to the hiring of his new staff.

Like I said, I will eat crow if I'm wrong but I believe Scott is :bigredn:. Others have tried but they have all failed.

Just now, knapplc said:

Did you actually listen to the presser? Because he said that, too.

No just read the bits and pieces posted on twitter from the media. But either way, coming out after going 4-8, with some of the most embarrassing losses in school history in the final 4 games and losing recruits left and right, and showing zero progress in 3 years, to be able to say with a straight face that he thinks he is the right guy to turn this around feels like a slap in the face to our intelligence.

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I do get pissed at some of Rileys responses....the I know how to fix all of our problems etc. He did not have to go there or say that. He is a career 500 coach and now he had a eureka moment? BS Mike 

Yeah, that was bad. I think he's just having a hard time believing this all unraveled so quickly. Just a short while ago it seems he was living in a world where Tanner Lee was going to turn the offense around and Bob Diaco was going to fix the D. To have it all go so badly has to be a blow to whatever ego he has left.

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

No just read the bits and pieces posted on twitter from the media. But either way, coming out after going 4-8, with some of the most embarrassing losses in school history in the final 4 games and losing recruits left and right, and showing zero progress in 3 years, to be able to say with a straight face that he thinks he is the right guy to turn this around feels like a slap in the face to our intelligence.

Or he believes it. Which is fine if he does.

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I don't expect any different from Riley. He's not like other coaches who will feel the writing on the wall and spout off at a press conference. He's always been pleasant and respectful.

Moos, Green and Bounds can not, in good faith, keep Riley for 2018.

If Riley was kept as HC for 2018...there would be a full on riot and it wouldn't abate until literally those three gentlemen's heads were resting on pikes.  #Probably

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

I think that Scott through his agent had conditions in his contract with Moos.  Things like:

-The decision will not be discussed, which Moos has not.

-Scott would be allowed to coach his UCF team for as long as they played.

-The contract would not be signed until the UCF season, including bowl games were over.

-Scott has full control with regards to the hiring of his new staff.

Like I said, I will eat crow if I'm wrong but I believe Scott is :bigredn:. Others have tried but they have all failed.

These could all be true, acceptable and agreeable excepted for the part I bolded. There is no way you wait for a contract to be signed past January 1.

I have no problem letting Frost coach the bowl game, but name him the head coach as soon as possible, but no later then December 4. Let him get thinking on a staff, get a few staffers in there who may not be currently coaching, be it retained staff or others to go and recruit on his behalf while he prepares for his bowl game.