** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, theknife said:

If this is true, who knows:

Per UCF Rivals: Danny White (UCF AD) wants a definitive stay or go call within the next 24 and preferably tonight

Camps might just come out and agree that its best to get it all out there. UCF can't wait this long to make a decision either. They need to go find a coach. 

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Redreign22 said:

Little FYI??

Please go on fine Sir.

All I know is there was a high dollar booster event today and Frost was present.  Seen a few pics of them touring our facilities.  Was " told " he was in town for a late turkey day with his family.  

Just now, Moiraine said:

I think we might find out sooner if the 24 hour thing is true. If they're giving him 24 hours then their fans will expect the answer in 24 hours.

And again, UCF retaining Frost would be the biggest win for the UCF program, they would announce it as soon as possible to show everyone they kept Frost and that he was also not available to other teams and they could completely focus on their conf champ game and the future of their program.

If we hear nothing, then we know he turned UCF down.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Camps might just come out and agree that its best to get it all out there. UCF can't wait this long to make a decision either. They need to go find a coach. 

Once they decide it's over, no reason to wait around. Same with us...if he's not coming ,we need to get going on somebody else.

Edited by Hayseed
3 minutes ago, theknife said:

If this is true, who knows:

Per UCF Rivals: Danny White (UCF AD) wants a definitive stay or go call within the next 24 and preferably tonight

Here is a snapshot from an article about Frost.  This part concerns Frost at Stanford and calling to TO to get advice:

Frost’s sophomore year, Walsh asked him to play some safety, raising questions as to whether he was truly the quarterback of the future.

Fighting borderline depression by season’s end, Frost pondered transferring.

As he was personally struggling with what to do, Osborne during a phone conversation actually advised Frost to stick with Stanford. At least go through spring ball and see if things improve.

In that moment, the words only made Frost want to come to Nebraska all the more. It proved to him Osborne was concerned most for what was best for Frost, not how many games the quarterback could win for Osborne.

“No,’’ Frost replied on the spot. “I don’t want to be here.’’ He jumped on a plane for Lincoln the next day.

I understand the request from White, but from the above, Frost seems pretty in tune to motives and actual concerns...

Just now, RedDenver said:

Anybody else think UCF's AD forcing the issue while Frost is preparing for the CCG, is going to piss off Scott? I think the ultimatum from UCF compared to Moos's easy going waiting is going to be the final straw if Frost is still wavering.

Unsure if it will pi$$ him off. See my post two above form an earlier article about Frost.

***ATTENTION***

This is a bit delayed given the nature of this thread, but, posting news articles, comments, photos or fake material for the intent of trolling the fan base about Scott Frost (or any potential candidate) will not be tolerated. Consider this a friendly reminder, for now.

• Plus1 7
1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

Once they decide it's over, no reason to wait around.

At this point, there is no reason I don't think. The speculation is already enough to trickle into the locker room. Once it is out there, then maybe there is some closure. This is exhausting now. Can you imagine going another 24-48 hours with a few more sources saying Frost is N? Doesn't holding off become a mute point? Everyone is waiting for the moment where they can all just celebrate or cry, and move on. 

• Plus1 1