** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

30 minutes ago, Husker4ever319 said:

As I stated earlier in my quote, there is no winning with you...it seems like you watch a different ESPN than the one I watch. No one is saying that Florida is the front runner. May be you are hearing it that way or interpreting it that way. I have watched ESPN all weekend and they said all kinds of iffy stories because nothing is 100% certain until it is said and done. I have a good feeling that Scott will announce after his championship game. However, until then the media will speculate. That is their job. I do not know what your first sentence is about but it seems like other members have disagreed with your opinion. That is what this board is about, isn’t it? If you can’t handle someone questioning your opinions, may be you should not post. I am simply saying that the conspiracy theories that some fans have against the media need to stop because it sends the wrong message. Nebraska fans are the best fans in college football and the media has always openly stated that even during our miserable game against Iowa. 

This thread is about getting Scott Frost and not about you winning an argument. If you do not like my opinion then ignore me. I will definitely do that as it seems like you are very unreasonable.

You are all kinds of special. If you were to go back and read my quote, you'll see that I didn't mention ESPN. So, in that regard, you're wrong. By you watching ESPN all weekend does not mean anything. This weekend is only a small portion of what ESPN has been pumping out but thats not even the point. So there goes half your quote... In reference to my first sentence, it was not about me having the inability to handle anyone's opinion. It was more of me calling out someone who was spewing nonsense. So if you would like to dig that out, go ahead and you will see that I was right. You're being very bold to make your lazy assumption about me based on one post. We clearly are talking about two different things. There are no conspiracy theories. I never said there were. But because I know that Frost is not going to Florida or Tennessee, then it becomes apparent to me that people are assuming solely on the "belief" that those jobs are better than Nebraska rather than factual knowledge. That is a bias. The media's job is to also provide real information. Now do they all do that? No. But criticizing those who spread BS is deserving on their part. You took everything I said and spun it, and made this oddly about me being essentially an a$$hole. So to conclude, you're just wrong in all regards to what I said. 

Edited by Vince R.

9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here is another good read.  Unlike Eichorst a few years back, Moos has met with many of the players and encouraged them to be patient as he plans to bring in a real good coach.  Lamar Jackson is quoted in this story.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/moos-asked-players-for-patience-while-weighing-transfers/article_85ed89d5-ebce-536a-90b0-e979a4a54555.html

Wow. Good article.  Folks, myself included, have been so focused on Scott coming home that we've forgotten how confusing it must be for these players. Thanks for sharing. 

40 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well it was just a few seasons ago that UCF finished in the AP top 10 after beating Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl.  The only loss that season was a three point loss to #12 South Carolina.  They also beat Penn State, Rutgers, and #8 Louisville that season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_UCF_Knights_football_team

Penn State...Rutgers??? Didn't they suck?

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

[Insert "kids are resilient" post here]

You bet and I'm so glad they are.  These kids aren't alone in their decisions (hopefully). They have parents or other important people I. Their lives that can help them make any future decisions. I like it that Drew Brown spoke up about this issue as he went through it when Bo left. 

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

So on page 251 some of you are really going to question Mavric's information, but fall all over yourselves begging Hedley for reassurance every half hour?

Mavric is one of, if not the most respected person on this board. And this isn't a shot at Hedley, I have no reason to doubt the information he is bringing, but I'd advise that you also pay heed to the stuff that Mavric posts as well.

To be fair I believe Mavric was simply providing a rundown of what the 247 media staff were writing. It is good info, but not quite the same as having inside info. If you believe Hedley, and I know everyone is a cynic on message board inside sources, I can see why some would choose to give his posts a bit more creedance over what Mav posted. It isn’t saying posters don’t appreciate Mav’s Contributions, but not exactly the same thing. If you don’t choose to believe Hedley then Mav’s post is good also being from media provided info.

1 minute ago, caveman99 said:

To be fair I believe Mavric was simply providing a rundown of what the 247 media staff were writing. It is good info, but not quite the same as having inside info. If you believe Hedley, and I know everyone is a cynic on message board inside sources, I can see why some would choose to give his posts a bit more creedance over what Mav posted. It isn’t saying posters don’t appreciate Mav’s Contributions, but not exactly the same thing. If you don’t choose to believe Hedley then Mav’s post is good also being from media provided info.

Yeah that was my take as well. 

11 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

So on page 251 some of you are really going to question Mavric's information, but fall all over yourselves begging Hedley for reassurance every half hour?

Mavric is one of, if not the most respected person on this board. And this isn't a shot at Hedley, I have no reason to doubt the information he is bringing and I've enjoyed tracking his posts through this, but I'd advise that you also pay heed to the stuff that Mavric brings as well.

Dilly! Dilly!

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Penn State...Rutgers??? Didn't they suck?

Well when the schedules were put in place I am sure PSU was not having as down of a year as they may have right after the Sandusky stuff.  You are also missing the point that UCF played several power 5 teams that year and beat some really good ranked teams, and had only one loss by 3 points to a ranked South Carolina team.  I would argue that UCF's 2013 schedule was tougher than Wisconsin's 2017 schedule, yet UCF would never be considered for a CFP spot while Wisconsin will given they are in a Power 5 conference.  This is all the more reason that Frost will decide to leave UCF for Nebraska.