Favorite Non-Competition Moments

Don't let @StPaulHusker see this thread - he doesn't believe that anything other than wins and losses matter.

In addition to the ones mentioned, the pre-game prayer at Penn State the week that the Sandusky scandal broke was something I'll never forget. And, it wasn't our fanbase, but when the Ohio State fans chanted for Tommy when he came back into the stadium last year was so cool and classy.

• Plus1 5

And that Wisconsin kicker honoring Foltz too. Gotta like that.

But I'm having trouble thinking of anything else not already mentioned and I didn't really care about the Pelini/Cat thing so....5 favorite non-competitive moments and about 0 competitive ones. The 2 favorites by far though are the no punter set and Jack's run. Both of those still bring a tear to my eye when I watch them.

2 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Most of us haven't been very happy with recent coaching staffs, but what are your favorite memories that were not related to competition. Mine are:

• Jack Hoffman scoring  TD in the spring game
  • Lining up without a punter to honor Sam Foltz against Fresno State
  • Bo coming out of the tunnel holding a cat for the spring game

All 3 are great ones.  Well done.  :thumbs

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Landlord said:

Don't let @StPaulHusker see this thread - he doesn't believe that anything other than wins and losses matter.

In addition to the ones mentioned, the pre-game prayer at Penn State the week that the Sandusky scandal broke was something I'll never forget. And, it wasn't our fanbase, but when the Ohio State fans chanted for Tommy when he came back into the stadium last year was so cool and classy.

Now why did you have to go and do that?  I can enjoy non competition moments and not have it cloud my judgement on what a coach is ultimately graded on.

I think a lot of the ones mentioned were really good.  I like to think of a few that get lost in the shuffle or that maybe no one saw unless they were there.

2 years ago at the NU @ Minnesota game, the University of Minnesota honored a woman named Liz Sroufus.  She was 95 at the time.  She was one of the first female fighter pilots in WWII.  There was a standing ovation for her by Gophers and Huskers fans alike.  It was a great moment. She passed away a year later and the airport from her hometown was named after her. It was a great honor to be there and witness that.  Here is a little bit more about her https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/elizabeth-strohfus-world-war-ii-era-pilot-dies-at-96/2016/03/08/b0352e08-e553-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html?utm_term=.a9e91d088351  

Another moment is during the 55-45 loss at Purdue in 2015 when Jack Gangwish climbed into the stands to thank Husker fans for being there for the team despite the outcome.