Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

https://theathletic.com/228840/2018/02/02/the-fieldhouse-bubble-watch-a-new-era-dawns/

Nebraska (17-8, 8-4 — RPI: 49, SOS: 91): The Cornhuskers' won-loss records obviously look better than Maryland's, but their resume is deeply similar, down to the two top-100 wins both teams have notched, all of which came at home, and unsightly bottom-barrel nonconference strengths of schedule (Nebraska's is 262; Maryland's 199.) The committee has repeatedly used nonconference schedule as a deciding factor in recent years; the Cornhuskers, like the Terps, have more than a lack of quality wins to overcome.

• Plus1 1

I dunno.  If we end up ahead of Michigan in the B1G standings, and we beat them like a drum when we met, it seems like it would be hard for the committee to let Michigan in the ncaa tourney and send Nebraska home.  And I can't see both Michigan and Nebraska failing to get a bid.  There's gotta be at least five teams from the B1G, right?  :shrug:  

52 minutes ago, NUance said:

I dunno.  If we end up ahead of Michigan in the B1G standings, and we beat them like a drum when we met, it seems like it would be hard for the committee to let Michigan in the ncaa tourney and send Nebraska home.  And I can't see both Michigan and Nebraska failing to get a bid.  There's gotta be at least five teams from the B1G, right?  :shrug:  

Pretty sure Michigan is in.

Non con wins over UCLA and Texas plus a win over MSU gives them a bit of a leg up. Have played Purdue close twice(not that this matters)in losses. 

Michigan could screw it up but I think B1G is pretty set with at least 4 teams.

The big question is whether Nebraska, Penn State or Maryland can sneak in.

I still think we are in if we get to 23 wins.

• Plus1 1