*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

On 11/21/2019 at 4:05 PM, Mavric said:

Reports are the staff is still planning on 22-23 at this point.  Wants to hold a couple spots open for transfers.

Word is we are still trying to figure out if we want another OL or not.  With Piper and Banks moving to offense, we aren't in bad shape with young guys.  Considering a JUCO or a HS kid but also might pass on taking another in favor of another WR or OLB, which we have been hitting pretty hard with JUCO offers lately.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LOGAN SMOTHERS
RB - 2 - SEVION MORRISONMARVIN SCOTT
WR - 4 - ZAVIER BETTSWILLIAM NIXONThad JohnsonJUCO Omar ManningXavier HillJustin Robinson*Lavon Bunkley-SheltonXavier Hutchinson***Marcus FlemingBryan Robinson
TE - 0-1 - 
OT - 2-3 - TURNER CORCORANALEX CONN
OG/C - 0-1 - Chandler Durham

NT - 2 - NASH HUTMACHERMARQUIS BLACKAlex Harrison
DE - 1-2 - JUCO JUNIOR AHOTuli TuipulotuNusi MalaniDeShawn Lynch
ILB - 1-2 - JUCO JAMOI HODGEDevyn CurtisMister WilliamsDesmond Tisdol

OLB - 2-3 - BLAISE GUNNERSON, Brennon ScottKaden JohnsonRegen TerryJared IveyLatarie KinslerJosh Griffis#

CB - 3-4 - TAMON LYNUMRONALD DELANCYDarion Green-WarrenMyles Slusher**Kendall Dennis
S - 0-1 - HENRY GRAYJaiden Francois

*-Current Georgia commit

**-Current Oregon commit

***-Current Iowa State commit

#-Current Florida State commit

Early Enrollees - Smothers, Corcoran, Gray, Lynum (maybe Morrison)

So if we take 8 more, what are thoughts on who we can and will get?

Ideally I'd say:

3 more WR: Fleming, Manning, and another big WR like Justin Robinson

1 more ILB: Curtis??? or Hyppolite?

2 more OLB: Johnson? & Scott??? or Wren?

2 DB: Green-Warren & Francois

Might want a DE if Coates wants in.

Even after today, we definitely still need traction at LB.

Reports are the staff is still planning on 22-23 at this point.  Wants to hold a couple spots open for transfers.

Word is we are still trying to figure out if we want another OL or not.  With Piper and Banks moving to offense, we aren't in bad shape with young guys.  Considering a JUCO or a HS kid but also might pass on taking another in favor of another WR or OLB, which we have been hitting pretty hard with JUCO offers lately.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LOGAN SMOTHERS
RB - 2 - SEVION MORRISONMARVIN SCOTT
WR - 4 - ZAVIER BETTSWILLIAM NIXONThad JohnsonJUCO Omar ManningXavier HillJustin Robinson*Lavon Bunkley-SheltonMarcus FlemingBryan Robinson
TE - 0-1 - 
OT - 2-3 - TURNER CORCORANALEX CONN
OG/C - 0-1 - Chandler Durham

NT - 2 - NASH HUTMACHERMARQUIS BLACKAlex Harrison
DE - 1-2 - JUCO JUNIOR AHOTuli TuipulotuNusi MalaniDeShawn LynchJUCO Julius Coates##
ILB - 1-2 - JUCO JAMOI HODGEDevyn CurtisMister WilliamsDesmond Tisdol

OLB - 2-3 - BLAISE GUNNERSON, Brennon ScottKaden JohnsonRegen TerryJared IveyLatarie KinslerJosh Griffis#

CB - 3-4 - TAMON LYNUMRONALD DELANCYDarion Green-WarrenMyles Slusher**Kendall Dennis
S - 0-1 - HENRY GRAYJaiden Francois

*-Current Georgia commit

**-Current Oregon commit

#-Current Florida State commit

##-Current Colorado commit

Early Enrollees - Smothers, Corcoran, Gray, Gunnerson, Hodge, Lynum (maybe Morrison)

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Decked said:

Weather wasn’t exactly ideal but the lack of visits for the 2020 class..yikes 

Yeah and with like 10 spots to fill 2 weeks from early signing day. Hodge visiting SMU, Delancy tweeted out his Miami offer, lack of commits from the boat load of talented Miami kids that visited a week ago. Will betts be eligible- I thought I heard Morrison has work to do too. 

This is class started out looking like it could be elite and it could turn out pretty disappointing. COULD. They could finish strong but I’m nervous at this point 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I've seen Clouse hint a couple times in the last few weeks that we have at least one silent commit.  But ... you know ... Clouse.

But now Bruntz also saying that we have at least one and maybe more.  So the coaches still have work to do in the next two weeks but not as much work as it looks like to us.

39 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've seen Clouse hint a couple times in the last few weeks that we have at least one silent commit.  But ... you know ... Clouse.

But now Bruntz also saying that we have at least one and maybe more.  So the coaches still have work to do in the next two weeks but not as much work as it looks like to us.

Silent commits make me nervous. It seems like they want to see the excitement/attention from the coaches for committing. But they still have reservation about the decision so they dont want to make it public yet

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Silent commits make me nervous. It seems like they want to see the excitement/attention from the coaches for committing. But they still have reservation about the decision so they dont want to make it public yet

It could also be that kids want to do a signing day scenario so they don't want to announce or plan to announce on a specific date. Tannor did this two years ago and NPG did last year. I don't think being silent necessarily means you have reservations.

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

It could also be that kids want to do a signing day scenario so they don't want to announce or plan to announce on a specific date. Tannor did this two years ago and NPG did last year. I don't think being silent necessarily means you have reservations.

Technically it does mean you have a reservation in the class....

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1