We have a serious quarterback depth problem

Hayseed

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't necessarily agree but I see what you are saying. We will see how it plays out this year. It's funny though because people who are saying good riddance to Gebbia now would have been praising Frost for keeping him around if he had played it like Saban is playing his situation.

No one thought Gebbia would leave a week before the season, so I don’t think people would be thinking “it’s a good thing Frost didn’t announce the starter, because now we still have 2 good QBs.” Some assumed he would leave after this season. I think the only convo we’d be having is whether Gebbia will leave in January.

The Alabama situation is different because it’s a veteran starter vs a Sophomore who played in a couple games. Everyone thought Hurt would be out the door. Saban likely knew Hurt would most likely leave the moment he announced, if there was a window to leave. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't necessarily agree but I see what you are saying. We will see how it plays out this year. It's funny though because people who are saying good riddance to Gebbia now would have been praising Frost for keeping him around if he had played it like Saban is playing his situation.

Frost would deserve the praise if he had pulled it off. But Gebbia is gone and it is what it is.  People wishing him ill isn’t something I’d do. We’ve had history here of qb’s trying to leave when they don’t get the starting nod at first. Some got convinced to stay, some didn’t. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, MountainMan said:

Frost would deserve the praise if he had pulled it off. But Gebbia is gone and it is what it is.  People wishing him ill isn’t something I’d do. We’ve had history here of qb’s trying to leave when they don’t get the starting nod at first. Some got convinced to stay, some didn’t. 

Oh I'm with you here. It would have been a tremendous job by Frost to keep Gebbia on board. Can't blame Gebbia for leaving especially if his Dad was telling him to. No matter how committed he was to this team, its hard to not listen to your parents. 

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I agree; that's probably what most of our fan base would say.

I just see it like this - Verduzco said way back in the spring that "I don't play two guys." So there it was. The Saban/Alabama situation was really never going to be a thing here.

42 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Who was the tall bean-pole kid that threw like forty million pics against Texas Tech? I'm pretty sure he stayed.

If there have been only 4 stay, that may reflect more on how poor the recruiting was than anything else.   We've had local Nebraska walk-ons beating out the scholarship guys so ofcourse they are going to leave.  The recruits are over rated and get out played.   

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, MountainMan said:

Makes you wonder what they were promised. 

• Plus1 1