Greg Bell

7 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Hey Scott, we appreciate you being a member here and all but we would really appreciate it if you focused on the game in Madison tomorrow. Thanks man! #StayFrosty

I was talking about my ex boss chips team not mine. Clearly reading comprehension eludes you much like me getting a win eludes me 

1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

I was talking about my ex boss chips team not mine. Clearly reading comprehension eludes you much like me getting a win eludes me 

Shucks Scott, I wish it eluded me but I was commenting on the fact that you are posting here and not focused on the game in Madison. This includes discussions about your former boss as well. Good luck tomorrow! 

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Shucks Scott, I wish it eluded me but I was commenting on the fact that you are posting here and not focused on the game in Madison. This includes discussions about your former boss as well. Good luck tomorrow! 

Thanks man! You can either get on this damn boat or off it and it’s clear you’re ma first mate

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

For several weeks we have seen players and coaches talk about buy in (Farmer, Mo and Frost). We see one for sure and on possible highly ranked recruits pop smoke and leave the team. This what Frost wanted.  This is what the fans wanted and even the team wanted.  The guys not buying in to move on. Unfortunately, it appears to be highly rated guys.  Guys who showed themselves to (IMHO) not be team players. Guys not willing to sacrifice or put in work to see the field more.  Bell possibly has more "talent" than Oz, but got outworked. TL maybe more talent than Warner, but outworked.

The reality is Frost and Co put a high degree on trusting a player and the work ethic of said player over "talent".  Frost has also, for the first time in a long time of previous coaches, has put action behind his words and letting players see and hear what he means by not buying in. Fans see he is serious about changing culture.  I like it.  A lot.  Get in or get out.  Bell slipped on the depth chart, but through hard work can be the top RB again.  It's that simple.  A guy who won't fight to get his position back sure as hell won't fight to win the game.  It's all about me with that attitude.  

Maybe the staff will get back and work things out.  Who knows.  I'm sure we have all spoken out of anger and frustration and regretted it.  The staff appears sharp enough to realize this.  They might actually want to sit down and hear him out.  BUT, this goes back to something maybe Fisher said.  It's about winning back the trust of your teammates.  Bell did a Blue Falcon big time with this decision IMO. It hurts the team. One less RB ready to go.  One less guy that might come in and give NU a spark. 

As accountability from the staff increases, accountability to each other increases.  This is when the culture shift really starts.  I think it's happening now....I think we see it on Sat. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
4 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

I wonder if we will be able to get to 85 at this point. Sounds like more attrition is expected.

Great point that gets lost. From what I've read and understand, no way will they be able to hit 85 with the existing and anticipated attrition. This is going to be a killer down the road as it is a sort of self inflicted probation where you don't fill all scholarships available. But some of the previous regimes did this on a regular basis so it is kind of the norm at DONU.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

At what point is the coach even partially responsible for players transferring out?  When does it stop being about the player being a baby or a quitter or soft or lazy or a piece of s#!t or whatever else people have said so far?

When does ANY responsibility fall on a coach?

You're making the assumption that this is some kind of an unacceptable problem and that it needs to stop. I think it’s great that the guys that don’t want to do what it takes to earn play time or stick on the team are leaving. Kudos to Frost for any of that he is responsible for, and I would assume it’s quite a bit. I’m tired of guys putting in 4 pathetic years, not working and not ever getting the team first mentality.

A certain percentage of these players just arent going to work out and it doesn’t matter which coach recruited them or signed them.  I would like to think that maybe Frost and his coaches will do a better job of identifying players that have the right attitude and work ethic but even they are going to miss on some guys. It’s pretty simple, if they can’t earn playing time and contribute or if they can’t take care of their other responsibilities, then adios. It’s not a problem, it’s exactly the way it should be.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
5 hours ago, Undone said:

What I'm addressing is people saying "Good riddance." How does that apply in Bell's case?

When someone quits who's barely getting snaps and is pretty ineffective in the game when they do get snaps, it doesn't really hurt the team that much. But when somebody who has actually been contributing quits, that hurts the team.

Imagine if Ozigbo gets injured tomorrow...

My point was that his contribution wasn't meeting frosts quality control standards. He was sliding down the depth chart as a result. One big run against Colorado didn't out weight the red zone fumble and slew of more minor offense mistakes he was making.

Frost made his position clear when other backs started getting more carries.

Not saying good riddance. I wish he had stayed and fixed what he was doing wrong and got back in the rotation, but that was his choice, he made it. 

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

The most intriguing part of all of this (to me) is that Nebraska won’t comment until after the Wisconsin game. How hard is it issue some sort of statement and not letting it become a distraction? Either the situation is not settled yet or the staff needs to get on the same page regarding how to spin it.

Cause maybe the coaches are focused on beating Wisconsin and dont have time for this other nonsense. Im sure Frost will andwer questions about it tomorrow night. 

• Mavric changed the title to Greg Bell