The Angry Violent Right

2 hours ago, OTHusker said:

If you find my posts difficult to read

put them on ignore

I don’t have the time or inclination to perfect my writing from a phone 

at the end of the day Nebraska is a conservative state

that can’t be argued against with any legitimate data 

how many elections for president have gone dem  ? Maybe what 2 of the last 20 elections? 

I’m not a trumpster

my contention was Nebraska is a very conservative state

consistently voting republican 

usually and consistently by wide margins 

while those on this board are overwhelmingly liberal , not mirroring our state demographic in any way

which would lead me the believe the political beliefs of those who heavily post on an internet football message board for whatever reason are demographly grouped in a much different way than the average Nebraskan 

The internet and message boards in general usually skew a bit left. This board also skews left, but many of the conservatives, of which there are plenty, either don't want to post in the P&R forum or have tried and found it to not be enjoyable. This board also skews more left than the state would because there are Husker fans from all over the country on this board, not just from the remarkably red state boundaries.

• Plus1 2

13 hours ago, funhusker said:

I say it's staged.  If the guy in black actually landed the punch, the victims face would be going back and to the left ("back and to the left...back and to the left....)   Who knows what the story is with this, sad no matter what.  I just find it ironic that in a thread that has spend so much of the last week "jumping to conclusions", here y'all are again....  Have fun guys!

I was just making fun of the word alleged, when the picture is of the dude taking one to the face lol

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, OTHusker said:

If you find my posts difficult to read

put them on ignore

I don’t have the time or inclination to perfect my writing from a phone 

at the end of the day Nebraska is a conservative state

that can’t be argued against with any legitimate data 

how many elections for president have gone dem  ? Maybe what 2 of the last 20 elections? 

I’m not a trumpster

my contention was Nebraska is a very conservative state

consistently voting republican 

usually and consistently by wide margins 

while those on this board are overwhelmingly liberal , not mirroring our state demographic in any way

which would lead me the believe the political beliefs of those who heavily post on an internet football message board for whatever reason are demographly grouped in a much different way than the average Nebraskan 

I love how you classify centrist views as overwhelmingly left. Maybe overwhelmingly left to you, but I'd say many in the P&R part of the forum lean a bit right or are centrists. There are a few true liberals but really not many.

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Or, and I know this is a crazy thought now, those on this board don't swear any political allegiances. Instead they call a spade a spade and would rather vote good component people in, who do the right thing when called upon. Maybe one particular party isn't able to effectively shoe horn the varied ideas of a population of thinking people.

Again, that sounds good, but to OTH's point, the population of Nebraska was clearly not this circumspect when given the chance to vote for Donald Trump, and have followed the allegiances of the Republican Party to elect other bulls#!t artists like Pete Ricketts. HuskerBoard really doesn't reflect the Nebraska electorate (obviously a lot of fans moved out of the state) but it does remind me of the pragmatists and populists that used to make Nebraska a bit of a wild card. 

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

I love how you classify centrist views as overwhelmingly left. Maybe overwhelmingly left to you, but I'd say many in the P&R part of the forum lean a bit right or are centrists. There are a few true liberals but really not many.

Please show the many centrist views that I classified as left 

this board is overwhelmingly left

no need to run away from it

embrace it 

in theory many say they are pragmatists or vote for the person

yet when it comes down to brass tacks 

I’m doubting  they are voting many republicans or conservatives in 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

Here's an example:

3 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

P&R is overwhelmingly moderate/centrist, which you would know if you'd been a member here for more than two months.

Unless you've been here before, and this is a second account. ;)

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, OTHusker said:

no need to run away from it

embrace it 

in theory many say they are pragmatists or vote for the person

yet when it comes down to brass tacks 

I’m doubting  they are voting many republicans or conservatives in 

You keep classifying the board as overwhelmingly left, but last time I checked TG, BRB, and Knapp are conservative to moderate and they do much of the posting in these parts. I could name many other posters that comment here regularly and are a far cry from being 'overwhelmingly left' but I don't have the time nor the motivation to do so. 

54 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I could name many other posters that comment here regularly and are a far cry from being 'overwhelmingly left' but I don't have the time nor the motivation to do so. 

Your definition of "many" seems similar to Donald Trump's use of the word "many".

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, that sounds good, but to OTH's point, the population of Nebraska was clearly not this circumspect when given the chance to vote for Donald Trump, and have followed the allegiances of the Republican Party to elect other bulls#!t artists like Pete Ricketts. HuskerBoard really doesn't reflect the Nebraska electorate (obviously a lot of fans moved out of the state) but it does remind me of the pragmatists and populists that used to make Nebraska a bit of a wild card. 

Yes, Nebraska leans conservative. This board is probably slightly skewed left compared to the actual population of Nebraska for various reasons that were pointed out, but the discussion is also more thoughtful here than you'll find in any Casey's or diner on Main Street. We also know that there are people on this board who voted for Trump and now oppose him. So, in my opinion this board is not as out of whack politically as a certain poster thinks it is.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Yes, Nebraska leans conservative. This board is probably slightly skewed left compared to the actual population of Nebraska for various reasons that were pointed out, but the discussion is also more thoughtful here than you'll find in any Casey's or diner on Main Street.

If discussion aligns with your views, you'd probably label it thoughtful wherever it is......

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1