I am I

R Burkhead

Game tying and game winning TDs

congrats, he’s a perfect fit for the Patriot team

• Plus1 5

3 minutes ago, Toe said:

God, Patriots fans don't deserve Burkhead. Look at how much they were bitching about him being in the game!

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/search/52294943/?q=burkhead&o=date&c[node]=10

Have you been to New England area?  They have a ratio of like 1000:1 dbag to normal ratio.  I spent a month in Boston once, I wont even fly over that craphole anymore.

• Plus1 5

43 minutes ago, I am I said:

Game tying and game winning TDs

congrats, he’s a perfect fit for the Patriot team

Go ahead td and the game winner you mean.  Rex doesn't tie, he takes the lead!

(Stupid Patriots....) 

2 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

As a diehard Husker and Chiefs fan, idk how to feel right now!

Just embrace the fact you got to witness a husker great score the game winner for the greatest dynasty in professional sports.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

As a diehard Husker and Chiefs fan, idk how to feel right now!

I hear you, but you have to go with the team that can run the ball when it needs to.

And the team that just can't stop the run may not be Super Bowl worthy.

Still, helluva game and the Chiefs were damn close to pulling it off. 

Crazy to think it's been like 7 years since he was doing exactly that wearing Husker gear.  10 years since the guy who will be slaughtering his QB in a week wore Scarlet and Cream.

(Edit: Can the eye roller please enlighten me as to what was eye roll worthy, just curious)

• Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 3

To bad one of those Husker greats, will have to lose the next game. Nice that one of them, will get that ring. 

GBR!!!

He can suck it. I hope Suh plants him in the turf in a couple weeks. 

(cries into his #22 jersey). 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Toe said:

God, Patriots fans don't deserve Burkhead. Look at how much they were bitching about him being in the game, until he went and won it for them!

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/search/52294943/?q=burkhead&o=date&c[node]=10

Per the previous comment about the Boston area these kind of comments don't surprise me at all either.  Not saying all Pats fans there are the same but I kept reading 'why are we using Burkhead when it's 3rd and 1 and go with Michel or Develin instead'.  

Seemed to work out just fine for them actually and those of us who know a little about Rex would have zero zero problem with giving him the ball behind the New England Patriots offensive line no less to get 1 yard...  

Im in Boston quite a bit, the pats fans I see are even bored....I'm sure tv and league execs were praying for a Rams/ Chiefs SB...now scrambling trying to figure out how to get viewership up..Wish we had RB

Where's the love for Lincoln, Nebraska native and UNO player Greg Zuerlein kicking the game winning 57 yard field goal for the Rams? 

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

Where's the love for Lincoln, Nebraska native and UNO player Greg Zuerlein kicking the game winning 57 yard field goal for the Rams? 

In another thread possibly?  I've seen several posts referring to him but this was yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I was rooting for the Chiefs, but I can't bring myself to hate the Patriots.

They're just a great football team.  

I feel the same.  If they win it all again so be it.  They deserve it and Brady literally has ice in his veins and seems to know no pressure.  

15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

NFL's Facebook page post these graphics a lot, but I don't know if I've ever seen one for a kicker before.

49419669_10157036741311263_1951196439912

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Per the previous comment about the Boston area these kind of comments don't surprise me at all either.  Not saying all Pats fans there are the same but I kept reading 'why are we using Burkhead when it's 3rd and 1 and go with Michel or Develin instead'.  

Seemed to work out just fine for them actually and those of us who know a little about Rex would have zero zero problem with giving him the ball behind the New England Patriots offensive line no less to get 1 yard...  

The Patriots had a 4th and inches earlier in the game and used Burkhead and he didn’t make it. So the comment aren’t that bad. All fanbases do this. Just look at our game threads. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The Patriots had a 4th and inches earlier in the game and used Burkhead and he didn’t make it. So the comment aren’t that bad. All fanbases do this. Just look at our game threads. 

Exactly my point.  Just because a guy doesn't get one yard or whatever short yardage they needed to make one time does not equate to 'they should have tried someone else' not only for that play but for any other 1 yard/short yardage situation.  

This is why I have to tip my hat to the Patriots. It could have been Burkhead, Michel or White and it wouldn't have mattered. They have an offensive line and playcalling that really maximizes the running game. They've done this for years without a superstar running back, and for that matter, they plug in unheralded wide receivers year after year and the offense makes them great. But it is pretty cool that with the game on the line, Belichick called Burkhead's number multiple times. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Same. They've done some really shady, unlikeable things as an organization, but by and large they're just a really good team and they have five Super Bowls rings to show for it. Most of the dislike thrown their way is irrational fanaticism.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm not a huge NFL guy and don't really have a team I root for every year.  So, to an extent, I agree.  But, I'm just tired of them and ready to see someone else in the SB and winning it.  I was really rooting for the Chiefs because I love watching their offense with Mahomes.  

• Plus1 1

If Mahomes had hit that open receiver in the 1st half for a TD the game may have played out much different.  Amazing game - I cannot stand seeing the Pats back in the SB but they have my full respect for what they have accomplished.  Brady never ceases to amaze me when it comes to crunch time.  He has to go down as the all time greatest. 

Very happy for Rex.  He has proven his worth to the Pats and he is the same reliable Rex that we saw at Nebraska.  I have to pull for SUH in the championship game however - got to end this Pat dynasty some time. 

Can you imagine if Suh would throw Brady in the Super Bowl like he was a Texas QB?  The guy would be banned from the NFL for life.....but....damn, that would be going out on a high note.

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This is why I have to tip my hat to the Patriots. It could have been Burkhead, Michel or White and it wouldn't have mattered. They have an offensive line and playcalling that really maximizes the running game. They've done this for years without a superstar running back, and for that matter, they plug in unheralded wide receivers year after year and the offense makes them great. But it is pretty cool that with the game on the line, Belichick called Burkhead's number multiple times. 

So what you are saying Nebraska should hire Belichick as one of those consultants like Alabama has.  :rollin

9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Probably on Maverickboard

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

A Husker game that helps explain the popularity of Rex Burkhead

His running backs coach at the time, Ron Brown, had a line about him that fit well in the postgame, or at any time really. It explains why Burkhead was as popular as any Husker since the turn of the century.

"I was thinking, 'Geez, this kid always gets up — he always gets up.'"

Had another serviceable game and def helped the Pats win. Saw him on special teams around the ball too. 

Suh played pretty well, but wasn’t a huge disruptive force or anything. Anyway, nice to see a couple of Husker Legends playing in the biggest game. 

• Plus1 2

Goff folded under pressure and didn't even see some open receivers, too bad.  Foles would have likely shredded them again.  Another game where the Patriots didn't so much have to win as the other team just decided to hand it to them :flush

• Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 2

9 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Goff folded under pressure and didn't even see some open receivers, too bad.  Foles would have likely shredded them again.  Another game where the Patriots didn't so much have to win as the other team just decided to hand it to them :flush

Yeah I thought as much as well regarding Goff.  He's got a great arm and usually makes really good decisions.  He definitely did not see some open receivers yesterday but then again you have to credit New England's D who were putting heat on him the entire game.  The INT however was just horrible. 

Loved seeing both Suh and Burkhead not only play but look pretty darn good.  That tackle that Suh had on Michel was just plain ol' nasty.   Rex played like he had been there before when he did get his touches including that really nice run I posted above.  

• Plus1 2

If the Pats could choose between Barry Sanders and Burkhead, they would take Burkhead.  They are after role players, almost stereotypically.  Woodhead, Burkhead....Welker, Edelman.  They know what they want in a spot, and that is what they go get.  Could be hard to replace Brady in a few years though, unless they luck into an Aaron Rodgers type.

16 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah I thought as much as well regarding Goff.  He's got a great arm and usually makes really good decisions.  He definitely did not see some open receivers yesterday but then again you have to credit New England's D who were putting heat on him the entire game.  The INT however was just horrible. 

Goff's performance definitely had an air of the Patriot's saying 'we're going to take away the run game and have this kid try to beat us, best of luck.' Goff looked rattled and bewildered most of the night. He missed a lot of open guys, made bad reads and held onto the ball too long. But, you're right, a ton of credit goes to the Patriot's defense.

7 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Could be hard to replace Brady in a few years though, unless they luck into an Aaron Rodgers type.

I wonder about that sometimes too and then I think of Matt Cassel's 2008 year when he started after Brady tore his ACL. He was no Brady, but he finished the season with respectable numbers and made some huge plays. If I were a Pats fan, I'd be a lot more worried about the day he chooses to leave vs. the day Brady leaves.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Goff's performance definitely had an air of the Patriot's saying 'we're going to take away the run game and have this kid try to beat us, best of luck.' Goff looked rattled and bewildered most of the night. He missed a lot of open guys, made bad reads and held onto the ball too long. But, you're right, a ton of credit goes to the Patriot's defense.

I wonder about that sometimes too and then I think of Matt Cassel's 2008 year when he started after Brady tore his ACL. He was no Brady, but he finished the season with respectable numbers and made some huge plays. If I were a Pats fan, I'd be a lot more worried about the day he chooses to leave vs. the day Brady leaves.

The pats finished 11 5 when matt friggen cassell was their qb.  No other coach in history could go 11 5 with cassell (they missed the playoffs while going 11 5)

I thought McVay looked like a deer in the headlights a lot during the game. They would show him on the camera and he was wide-eyed and looked like he didn't know what to do. I did love watching Suh push the o-lineman into Brady and knocking him down! It made me think back to win he single handedly dominated Texas. 

• Upvote 1

I was rooting for the Rams for three quarters, then it was clear the Patriots were a better team and deserved it. 

Again, I know there's a lot of Patriots-hatred out there, but that's just good football. I don't think the Rams folded or handed it to them; I think Belechick and staff had a pretty brilliant defensive strategy, and even with the greatest passer in Tom Brady, they used the ground game to perfection. Rex Burkhead may never be considered in the RB class of Todd Gurley or CJ Anderson, but he will always have a Super Bowl ring and a highlight reel play, and that's the beauty of playing for the Pats. 

Maybe the world would be a better place if we took all the hatred aimed at the Patriots and shifted it to Adam Levine. 

• Plus1 3

To clarify: the Seahawks gave the game away not running Lynch at the goal line; Falcons gave it up throwing late and Ryan taking a sack no HS QB would be dumb enough to take to eliminate a game-icing FG attempt; Goff gave it away playing like he did under Jeff Fisher.  Holding the ball too long, not taking what was there to move the chains, etc.

Rex deserves multiple rings for getting stuck in Cincy for several years :dumdum

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

I thought McVay looked like a deer in the headlights a lot during the game. They would show him on the camera and he was wide-eyed and looked like he didn't know what to do. I did love watching Suh push the o-lineman into Brady and knocking him down! It made me think back to win he single handedly dominated Texas. 

You've either not watched him all year or you're just a bad armchair psychologist :lol: he always looks like that.

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Landlord said:

3 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

McVay may have gotten outcoached, but not by that much. The Rams put together a pretty good strategy for stopping the more experienced Patriots, and an inconsistent Goff was still only a play away from tying the game or taking the lead until the very end. Patriots were clearly better, but the Rams hung around and with a bit of luck could have prevailed. 

If you're a Saints fan, you're thinking there's no way 13 points would have won that Super Bowl. 

37 minutes ago, Landlord said:

You've either not watched him all year or you're just a bad armchair psychologist :lol: he always looks like that.

The only game I had watched him was vs the chiefs and he pretty smiled all night because they did whatever they wanted on offense :)

1 hour ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

To clarify: the Seahawks gave the game away not running Lynch at the goal line; Falcons gave it up throwing late and Ryan taking a sack no HS QB would be dumb enough to take to eliminate a game-icing FG attempt; Goff gave it away playing like he did under Jeff Fisher.  Holding the ball too long, not taking what was there to move the chains, etc.

Rex deserves multiple rings for getting stuck in Cincy for several years :dumdum

I'm a massive Seahawks fan so I unfortunately remember that game well.  The Patriots went jumbo goal line which forced Seattle away from Lynch.  I still would've liked to see Lynch get one crack at it.  What bummed me out more was Seattle losing two defensive starters..they lost Jeremy Lane early to a broken arm when he picked off Brady and they lost Cliff Avril to a concussion in the 3rd quarter and it's probably not a coincidence that NE started to be able to pick Seattle apart after that happened.  I stupidly watched the game replay when it was on a week or so ago.  Man that was dumb.

To stay on topic, super happy for Rex.  I appreciated his last big run which boosted him over his prop bet rushing numbers very much. 

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I was rooting for the Rams for three quarters, then it was clear the Patriots were a better team and deserved it. 

Again, I know there's a lot of Patriots-hatred out there, but that's just good football. I don't think the Rams folded or handed it to them; I think Belechick and staff had a pretty brilliant defensive strategy, and even with the greatest passer in Tom Brady, they used the ground game to perfection. Rex Burkhead may never be considered in the RB class of Todd Gurley or CJ Anderson, but he will always have a Super Bowl ring and a highlight reel play, and that's the beauty of playing for the Pats. 

Maybe the world would be a better place if we took all the hatred aimed at the Patriots and shifted it to Adam Levine. 

What I don’t understand is why Adam Levine can run around showing his nipples off and no one says s#!t and Janet Jackson’s nipple is shown for half a second and the world goes crazy and she receives a lifetime ban. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

McVay may have gotten outcoached, but not by that much. The Rams put together a pretty good strategy for stopping the more experienced Patriots, and an inconsistent Goff was still only a play away from tying the game or taking the lead until the very end. Patriots were clearly better, but the Rams hung around and with a bit of luck could have prevailed. 

That's pretty much how I feel. I guess we could say he got out-coached in a general sense, but neither offense was playing particularly well, and the Rams blew a huge opportunity in the fourth quarter. I don't remember who Goff threw to, but, if he throws that end zone pass three seconds sooner... his receiver was wide open. Who knows what would've happened the rest of the game if that play is made.

More than anything, bad QB play got the Rams. Goff couldn't handle the pressure and pre-snap changes made by the Patriots, and he was also incredibly inaccurate with the football almost the whole day. He whiffed on a lot of plays.