What did we learn? The Indiana edition (sponsored by the Greg Louganis Diving School)

2 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

What I learned...

Big 10 West is a joke

Big 12 is a mess

PAC12 is irrelevant 

Don't have a clue why we have to put up with the stupid "Who's In" commercials.  Everybody knew who was in from Day 1.  The same four that are in every year.  The NCAA needs to get rid of the stupid BCS Playoffs cuz if you aren't a descendant of Stonewall Jackson or from Ohio...no one cares.

oh...and the Big 10 has some of the worst looking mascot outfits in the world.  The Wisconsin Badger looks more like a weasel, if you step on the foot of the Hawkeyes mascot, his helmet opens and you can throw your trash in, the Nittney Lion looks like it was locked in a closet and attacked by moths.  The Buckeye is worst though...it looks nothing like a buckeye and, furthermore, why would you have a mascot who is just an inedible nut that falls out of trees and rots on the ground?

Other than that...bring on basketball.  

The B10 West is still no match for the East, but Ohio State is the clear #1 team in the nation. Give Hoiberg a few years and we will have fun watching ball around Lincoln for once. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

Completely dessimate this roster and start from scratch.  Blow it up now.   I like Frost and will keep liking him.  I think he can be the guy who gets things going.  I don't know if he can get things going with what he is doing right now.  If we don't have the talent on either side of the ball to do the things he wants to do, then its ok to do what they can do.    

I don't think we have the scheme to win in the B1G on either side of the ball.  We don't have and probably can't compete for schools to get the AA  (or all conference)nose tackle to anchor the DL.  The Davis twins are DT's and suited for a 4-3.  They were recruited for that and were concerned Riley would go to that which we ultimately did.....  

Our office is predicated on "smaller/faster" hybrid guys instead of the bigger/taller receivers and backs found in the B1G.

I am still waiting for the Power to marry up with the speed.... 

I see a lot of square peg round hole going on with current personnel ie Farniok at OT, Davis twins etc......I'd like Frost, like I did all coaches since Solich, use the players you have not the players you want.  

IMHO we need to build our guys in  the weight room to be physical, solid, capable of short bursts of high intensity effort.  Not the jitterbugs prevalent in the AAC.  Yes OSU runs a "spread: but they are physical as sh!t on both sides of the line and will throat punch you in an instant.  I am sure based on NU metrics we are stronger, BUT are we stronger compared to other teams?  Has Frost looked outside at other B1G's programming?  I know Clemson S&C was a Boyd disciple and it shows.  They don't get pushed around.  Just ask Bama, OSU and OU.......

If he is married to his scheme and coaches, we are probably 5 years out from being competitive in the B1G.  Culture change, depth, buy in, recruit his guys, develop players etc....

And as much as I love the walk-on program, that won't build a championship team.  Just like we can't use partial qualifiers any more.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Dude was nails...That is the best the offense has looked in 2 years.

Can't say I disagree.  From the play calling, tempo and execution.  It looked smooth.  I could see THAT offense working in the B1G or at least giving teams concern (mixed with more power), but haven't seen it really until tonight......

Still no idea what happened to Mills.

Props to the physicality of Luke and Wan'dale....nails as you said.  The D (save JoJo) could take a page from those guys.

19 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

What I learned...

Big 10 West is a joke

Big 12 is a mess

PAC12 is irrelevant 

Don't have a clue why we have to put up with the stupid "Who's In" commercials.  Everybody knew who was in from Day 1.  The same four that are in every year.  The NCAA needs to get rid of the stupid BCS Playoffs cuz if you aren't a descendant of Stonewall Jackson or from Ohio...no one cares.

oh...and the Big 10 has some of the worst looking mascot outfits in the world.  The Wisconsin Badger looks more like a weasel, if you step on the foot of the Hawkeyes mascot, his helmet opens and you can throw your trash in, the Nittney Lion looks like it was locked in a closet and attacked by moths.  The Buckeye is worst though...it looks nothing like a buckeye and, furthermore, why would you have a mascot who is just an inedible nut that falls out of trees and rots on the ground?

Other than that...bring on basketball.  

I'm gonna have to remember that herky helmet trash can one lol

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

We haven't gotten any better than the beginning of the season.  Illinois might have a better shot at going bowling than us.

I am glad we played Illinois when we did because they are getting much better and I have no doubt that they will go bowling this year, which is more than I can say for our uninspired players. You can tell they have quit from the uninspired manner they came out of the tunnel walk. These players have not earned the right to wear the blackshirts or do the tunnel walk. Let them get to the field through the restroom until they learn to compete.

What I learned? Absolutely nothing. This is the same old Huskers. Stupid penalties, turnovers and passive porous defense. We have a few gamers in McCaffrey, vedral, and Robinson. It’s time to blow it up and put more freshman in. Only four games left, red shirts are safe. This defense literally can’t get worse with new starters, see what’s in the cupboard 

• Plus1 2

Vedral looked good. McCaffrey looked good. Wan'dales's awesome. Speilman can play for any team. Mills had his moments. Noa had a clutch TD. Somehow the offensive line was responsible for over 500 yards of offense, including 294 yards passing and 220 yards rushing.

The trick plays were fun and generally successful.

The defense is just awful. It's been this way for years. Because they're so awful, the offense can't afford many empty drives. 

And it's not simply talent: time and time again, these guys line up out of position, give up far too much cushion, or get no help in the defensive play calling. It's stunning how much time QBs have to pick their spots. Two of those defensive linemen are prize Pelini recruits and three year starters. The other is Frost's much heralded senior transfer from Oklahoma State. Although it never sounded right to me, Big10 watchers and scouts also thought Jackson and Bootle were worthy of NFL draft consideration a few weeks ago.

Also: we're getting famous for making zero adjustments at halftime, while other teams figure out ways to exploit us.

Also: attitude. This team needs one. That's on coaching, too.

So no matter what some here might say (hi TheSker!) Frost and staff should be taking some heat for this team's performance. It's not "hot seat" heat, and I can't imagine not giving Scott a solid 5-7 years, but they need to do something different, and blaming the talent is a sh!tty place to start. 

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 2