Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

If he would have fully committed to being a WR like Randle El did, why is it a forgone conclusion that he couldn’t do it?  

He had the speed. We agree that he was tough as nails.  

Randle El - 5’10” 185 lbs. 

Crouch - 6’ 210 lbs. 

Just hard to believe that a competitor like Eric Crouch would turn down the chance at an NFL career to chase backup QB minutes in the CFL and UFL if anyone in the NFL really thought he could be the next Randle El

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just hard to believe that a competitor like Eric Crouch would turn down the chance at an NFL career to chase backup QB minutes in the CFL and UFL if anyone in the NFL really thought he could be the next Randle El

It was crazy and nobody could understand why he insisted on being a QB.  But, that’s what he wanted and he gave up the chance with St Louis to do it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It was crazy and nobody could understand why he insisted on being a QB.  But, that’s what he wanted and he gave up the chance with St Louis to do it.  

Here is the story- https://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/crouch-regrets-the-way-he-approached-the-nfl/article_fa8b8632-9f63-519a-8e7f-52a4a40461f5.html  

So many rumors around about Crouch but the reality was he was drafted in the third round and did play in a pre-season game at wide receiver.

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Here is the story- https://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/crouch-regrets-the-way-he-approached-the-nfl/article_fa8b8632-9f63-519a-8e7f-52a4a40461f5.html  

So many rumors around about Crouch but the reality was he was drafted in the third round and did play in a pre-season game at wide receiver.

I read the article and it does make me think Crouch is a tad delusional. He didn't betray Mike Martz, or the Rams, or himself. He just wasn't a good enough player to make the NFL. Happens to 90% of college players and even a few Heisman winners.  No doubt you could have been an All-Pro receiver, Eric? Strong words from a guy struggling to make the Omaha Nighthawks as late as 2011. An no, you wouldn't be the perfect fit for the new read option NFL. 

image.png.1d85dfeeba57a57f8815e092a989cdd5.png

4 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

Even if they are not true, just him being here and leaving is enough reason that his teammates would not welcome him back with open arms. He left them and they won't forget/forgive that. 

I wonder if that attitude has changed now, I think in the past that was true but now, with so many players leaving teams, I think most players are not as pissed about it.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I wonder if that attitude has changed now, I think in the past that was true but now, with so many players leaving teams, I think most players are not as pissed about it.

Yea, I don't know how a situation like what happened to Deangelo Evans would happen today. 

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Yea, I don't know how a situation like what happened to Deangelo Evans would happen today. 

Wow, blast from the past!  I forgot all about that.

I saw him on campus once, I was walking to class and he was walking by me in shorts and plan white T-shirt...dude was crazy jacked.

I believe I was wearing some black jeans with a FUBU jersey and a gold chain...I did not have a lot of friends.

• Haha 3
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Luke McCaffrey