Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

In regards to the amenities and spotlight etc. It was a large step down. Looking at the world of players being able to profit coming to fruition only makes that divide greater for "small" market teams with smaller followings etc. Frost never once criticized guys for transferring but instead criticized those giving them terrible advice. Obviously the ones giving them advice took offense. 

I have always found interesting is that when Frost was thinking about transferring to NU, Osborne advised him to stick it out at Stanford.  I know college football has changed a lot over the past 25-30 years, but now the advisors are telling kids something completely different.  I don't have an issue with players doing what's best for them, however many times the advisors are telling them things which are not "what's best for the players".

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Anyone else think that CMC got so butthurt about this because he and/or his family members were the ones that gave said bad advice to Luke? 

I would say it's more likely the other way around. Remember that Rice's HC is Christian's old OC - Christian probably told Luke to go to Rice to begin with. Luke wanted to be a P5 starter right away so he tried Kentucky, and when he couldn't get the job he took Christian's idea as Plan B. And now that Luke flipped, Christian is having a big ego "I told you so!" moment.

Still a bad look either way.

Just now, Toe said:

I would say it's more likely the other way around. Remember that Rice's HC is Christian's old OC. I bet Christian told Luke to go to Rice to begin with, and now that Luke flipped, Christian is having a big ego "I told you so!" moment.

Now that would be some terrible advice.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Toe said:

I would say it's more likely the other way around. Remember that Rice's HC is Christian's old OC - Christian probably told Luke to go to Rice to begin with. Luke wanted to be a P5 starter right away so he tried Kentucky, and when he couldn't get the job he took Christian's idea as Plan B. And now that Luke flipped, Christian is having a big ego "I told you so!" moment.

Still a bad look either way.

I think the much more likely scenario is that Christian told him, "Oh, Nebraska's not playing you? Just transfer somewhere else and be the starter!" because that's what Christian would have done in that scenario. But Christian is much more talented than Luke so that's not really going to work for Luke, especially if he insists on playing quarterback.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:26 PM, Farms said:

There’s the full quote for context. He could of been referring to Keyshawn Greene for all we know.

image.png

Exactly correct @BIG ERN, excellent example of click bait by Mitch Sherman. Unfortunately, as is so common anymore, twitter users take a tweet at face value instead of reading more deeply into the context of the quote. Thank you @Farms for posting the full quote, no context needed. 

I don't view the McCaffrey brothers or family in a poor light whatsoever. I am all for them finding the best opportunities for themselves, however I do wish they would have received the full quote instead of relying on a sports writer's click bait spin. Can't help but think they would be removing the posts if they took the time to read Frost's answer and not assume every transfer quote is about their brother.

• Plus1 2