** 2020 Opponent Previews : Northwestern (Game 3) **

Saunders

1 hour ago, KCBuc said:

If NU can’t beat NW, it’s an indication that changes need to happen by season end. Something clearly isn’t working. NW is not a world beater and may be the worst NW team in awhile. 

1 hour ago, KCBuc said:

If NU can’t beat NW, it’s an indication that changes need to happen by season end. Something clearly isn’t working. NW is not a world beater and may be the worst NW team in awhile. 

1 hour ago, KCBuc said:

Worst Northwestern team in quite a while? Perhaps you didn't catch last year's stellar edition of Northwestern??

1 hour ago, KCBuc said:

This comment just shows you how many people on this board don't actually watch other teams/games on a consistent basis.

Northwestern holds Maryland to 3 points in the opener and then comes back from 17 down on the road against Iowa to be 2-0 and hold sole possession of first place in the B1G West and it's "the worst NW team in a while". 

Meanwhile, while there were plenty of encouraging signs, NU gives up 52 in the opening game and opens as a 3 point underdog in this one- and somehow if we lose this game its a sign things aren't working and "changes need to happen by season end".

Laughable.

• Plus1 6

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

While Northwestern does look improved, I still don’t think they are all that good. They win games by capitalizing on other teams’ mistakes. If NU doesn’t turn the ball over more than once, NU should win this game. 

Spot on.  Since we are good for several key turnovers and defensive mistakes, I lean toward a NW win presently.  I believe we are better for sure.

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

While Northwestern does look improved, I still don’t think they are all that good. They win games by capitalizing on other teams’ mistakes.

Winning ugly is still winning...

I know the comment already got ratioed but outside of Illinois, there's not a terrible amount of shame in losing a single game to any of the teams in our division. 

Northwestern won the division in 2018

Wisconsin consistently wins the division

Iowa is coming off the best 5 year stretch in the history of their program

Minnesota went 11-2 last year

Purdue has looked way better than they did 5 years ago

Illinois sucks. I guess they beat Wisconsin last year and have been to bowls more often

It's been a rough time to rebuild a program twice in a half decade

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

This comment just shows you how many people on this board don't actually watch other teams/games on a consistent basis.

Northwestern holds Maryland to 3 points in the opener and then comes back from 17 down on the road against Iowa to be 2-0 and hold sole possession of first place in the B1G West and it's "the worst NW team in a while". 

Meanwhile, while there were plenty of encouraging signs, NU gives up 52 in the opening game and opens as a 3 point underdog in this one- and somehow if we lose this game its a sign things aren't working and "changes need to happen by season end".

Laughable.

NW isn’t Clemson. They aren’t Ohio State. They are pedestrian. NU SHOULD win. If they don’t, it’s broke and will be another long year. 

3 hours ago, KCBuc said:

Yikes.  They hammered a Maryland team that just beat Minnesota and then beat an Iowa team that is always solid. I have a hard time remembering when we played well there. Pat Fitz is a good coach and this team is pretty good. Not sure how you would say worst in awhile??? 

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

NW isn’t Clemson. They aren’t Ohio State. They are pedestrian. NU SHOULD win. If they don’t, it’s broke and will be another long year. 

I can agree with most of this. This is winnable for sure.  It has been broken for a long time now. To a man, woman and sports writer, Nebraska is better than last year, making improvements.  The reason why it is broken, is because of way too many changes . Change equals same ole pattern. As much as I dont like Chin, another staff rotation would concern me.

• Plus1 5
30 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Best LB crew NU will see.  Also shut down Iowa without their two starting DTs.  FInally they have a DC that makes great in game adjustments.  

Id take all that and be pedestrian, which is pretty much where NU is right now

I. Would. Love. That.....  Watching Boston College vs Clemson and what Venables did in the 2nd half.....Great adjustments.