The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

20 hours ago, commando said:

for the "patriots" in michigan

EVr99cEUcAAYgxi?format=jpg&name=medium

20 hours ago, ZRod said:

The fiancée was pissed when we heard about this

Somebody help me out here. Who is protesting outside hospitals and what are they protesting?

I was just skimming this topic to try to get up to speed and saw this and it makes no sense to me why anyone would be protesting anything.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Somebody help me out here. Who is protesting outside hospitals and what are they protesting?

I was just skimming this topic to try to get up to speed and saw this and it makes no sense to me why anyone would be protesting anything.

bunch of trumpers and proud boys protesting the stay at home order in michigan.  they brought their guns and trump flags out for their protest 

52 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Because everyone thinks that protesting makes them a SJW and they get their moment!

Also...did someone really ask if people thought Pelosi was a hypocrite?  

The answer is yes, everyone is.

1 hour ago, commando said:

bunch of trumpers and proud boys protesting the stay at home order in michigan.  they brought their guns and trump flags out for their protest 

So they go harass a hospital? :facepalm:

These types just keep living up to our correct assessment of their brain power.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, NUance said:

Would you be making this same point if Donald Trump had said, "Come to Chinatown!" back in late February? 

While I agree with the help of hindsight that it probably wasn't the correct thing for her to say; I think there is a huge difference between "be cautious but don't be affraid to go about your normal life" and "there's 15 cases and soon it will be zero". Both those are paraphrasing actual quotes around this time.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Its not neat and tidy or easy to find, but the best way to count COVID related deaths is going to be how high the deaths are over a normal time period.  Like the chart below that most have probably seen.

Yep. We'll have to estimate actual deaths this way since accurate counts won't be available.

2 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I don't want to downplay their success...truly...but just to point out that New Zealand has a total population of about 4.5 million.  On that graph, the higher the population figures, corresponds to higher confirmed cases.

Except China of course...but we all know that is BS 

• Plus1 1