The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

27 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

And now he is using his own Fake News to claim San Fran Nan had tweeted that people should come down to Chinatown in the middle of the lock down.  

Not true as the article details.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinatown-not-part-china-trumps-003727405.html

So now Gov Cuomo slams Trump in real time after Trump tweeted something nasty again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-york-gov-andrew-cuomo-unloads-on-trump-hes-doing-nothing-174641918.html

That was therapeutic to watch!

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Why? Simply because it looks different? That's not nearly enough to think they're lying. It could be any number of things that make them an outlier.

Fair enough, there's lots of reasons to be skeptical. My point is that you can't be certain of that conclusion just by looking at that chart.

Visual is a good first check. If it looks funny, something probably isn't right.

Go to John Hopkins COVID site; you can look at the data from every other country and the trends will vary but their are groups that look similar to one another. China's matches nobody else's patterns. It's entirely unique and the way it drops to almost nothing so quickly doesn't seem realistic.I would expect that you would still see some transmission as people were locked inside with each other during the quarantine.

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

This is devastating. We are a long long way from the end of this 

we have some new spikes coming in minnesota, ohio, and michigan thanks to the far right wing protesters.   we will break todays total.soon enough.  and since they will be in the states trump  told his minions to protest in....he will point to the democratic govs and talk about how poorly they are managing things.

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

...I still think Cuomo is somehow going to end up the Democratic candidate...(conspiracy theory I know)...

You are not the only one that thinks that.  It has become pretty big talk.  The best part is, the debates will be EPIC.  The bad part...all the people that hate the R's and spend all their time talking about corruption are going to have to backtrack and post a lot of links that try and justify how this would not be shady as f#&%.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

According to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ this isn't true, they have 2,174 deaths recorded on Thursday.

Yeah, like I said (and you said) before, a lot of the deaths are being marked "Covid-19" no matter what.  #Funds

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Texas opening back up? Man I’m worried when we look back this fall, and possibly don’t have football, we’re not saying “I wish we would have given it a couple more weeks when the curve was starting to flatten”. 

Speaking of Texass