Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Exactly!  My son is on his 6th day in the ER fighting for his life after taking that "vaccine" ... "spinless" ... what a load of crap!  Stop the insults and take your crap to the political area of the woodshed.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. What happened? Allergic reaction?

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Exactly!  My son is on his 6th day in the ER fighting for his life after taking that "vaccine" ... "spinless" ... what a load of crap!  Stop the insults and take your crap to the political area of the woodshed.

Sorry to hear that. Curious what happened, anaphylaxis is no joke. 6th day in the ICU? We don't keep people in the ER for 6 days. Mods feel free to move my post, as I know its not relevant. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Sorry to hear that. Curious what happened, anaphylaxis is no joke. 6th day in the ICU? We don't keep people in the ER for 6 days. Mods feel free to move my post, as I know its not relevant. 

Not aimed at you, but apparently his post got moved. Before anyone jumps  to conclusions about the terrible side affects from the vaccine, look at the poster’s old board name. Might ring a bell for you old timers. 

of course, this has nothing to do with Spring Practice, but don’t want anyone to be fearful of  getting the vaccine. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

Finally got my shot yesterday.  It's the Johnson & Johnson shot. So only need one.   Woo hoo! 

Then I stopped by to see a buddy of mine and tell him that shots were available right then with no waiting.  He's a barber so he closely interacts with customers all day longgenerally 20 to 30 customers per day, for around 15 to 20 minutes each.  He said he's not getting a shot.  Apparently he's an anti-vaxxer.  Weird huh?  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

35 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

What is the percent we think we need to open up?  Just curios because there are plenty of people refusing to get it.  I guess the percent needs to be those eligible.  Of course my vaccine card says it expires in June.

"Experts have estimated that 70 to 90 percent of people may need to be immune against the virus to achieve herd immunity."  LINK  

70-90??  That's an awful broad range.  That said, I think we're still quite a ways below 70%.   I wonder what percent of the population are anti-vaxxers?  10% maybe?  More?    

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

What is the percent we think we need to open up?  Just curios because there are plenty of people refusing to get it.  I guess the percent needs to be those eligible.  Of course my vaccine card says it expires in June.

I've always heard 70% of the population, and I think current estimates are that we're a month or so away from that at the rate we're vaccinating today.

May 1st could be a return to something resembling "normal."  It's pretty exciting.