Ronald Delancy Enters Transfer Portal

seaofred92

2 hours ago, HANC said:

Maybe that is why I am saying that may be why SF is playing lesser kids who are more invested than kids that may be loafing or skipping things. SF may understand that playing the fully invested may cost you in the short term, but will ultimately help you in the long run when the entire team understands they have to be 1000% invested.

Or he gets fired because talented kids won’t come here because 5 years in we only win 4 games a year 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

The good news about the transfer portal is that there are a lot of kids out there who feel they would have a better chance playing for someone else so it does give us a better chance of replacing guys with the wrong attitude with guys that have a better one. Sucks to lose guys, but you can't make them stay if they don't want to, so while I would say, yes, it is on the coaches when this happens, it is also on them to go out and fix it. So, get out there boys and find some talent to come in and replace the diva's.

I think it’s horrible. Young kids are emotional and the old days they wouldn’t have an easy option to transfer so they would suck it up and get in line. In today’s world Frazier would have transferred his freshman year. That is one diva I am glad stayed for 4 years 

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, thatguy said:

and yet, they are able to win in spite of those issues. you can't say on one hand say that kids being different today is part of the reason why Nebraska can't hold on to talent or build a successful culture, then on the other, say these same different kids would be nice to have in the program while they help other teams win.

at some point, we have to stop making excuses for poor coaching.

I didn’t say kids being different today is part of the reason? In fact I mentioned kids from their own class but different parts of their own their home state who came in with less noise but are working and getting on the field. 

I think you might be referring to a different poster, sir. 

Frankly the transfer doesn’t concern me at all. Don’t mean any direct shots at the kid as he’s young and there’s prolly an argument to make that these situations will happen more in this year due to covid (no college experience to make up for a s#!tty year)... but usually where there’s smoke there’s fire and seems like there’s quite a few question marks at his recent actions.

I am more concerned with our lack of consistency whether it’s offensive philosophy or fundamentals of football. Until this gets addressed we can expect to see a revolving door of these situations because reality won’t deliver against expectations when we lack consistency. 

• Fire 1
38 minutes ago, thatguy said:

and yet, they are able to win in spite of those issues. you can't say on one hand say that kids being different today is part of the reason why Nebraska can't hold on to talent or build a successful culture, then on the other, say these same different kids would be nice to have in the program while they help other teams win.

at some point, we have to stop making excuses for poor coaching.

Able to win yes, but they barely won against a young team today who shot itself in the foot numerous times (us). This was the 24th team in the country mind you..

Your point would be 100% spot on a few years back when Iowa destroyed us by 40. While the loss sucks, the gap has been closed pretty dramatically,  now we just need a bit more consistency and discipline and today’s loss, northwestern losses of the world turn into convincing wins. 

• Fire 2

10 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I am more concerned with our lack of consistency whether it’s offensive philosophy or fundamentals of football. Until this gets addressed we can expect to see a revolving door of these situations because reality won’t deliver against expectations when we lack consistency. 

Yes, exactly! Obviously not a great past few weeks but today was important. The past couple years, our team would have likely folded at the first or second sign of adversity. Instead we lost another one score game in which we established a starter for the rest of the year, had a defense who bowed up several times and gave ourselves a chance to win. 

If we had half as many poor snaps or missed blocks, we win that game. Also allows us to piss Iowa off more with their best best decade of football now and still barely able to beat us. They haven’t been able to beat us by more than a touchdown since Frost got here with a total of ten wins... will be nice when we’re at least a .500 team and start rolling these guys because Iowa is the epitome of average football team.

29 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think it’s horrible. Young kids are emotional and the old days they wouldn’t have an easy option to transfer so they would suck it up and get in line. In today’s world Frazier would have transferred his freshman year. That is one diva I am glad stayed for 4 years 

Noah Vedral 

It seems we have plenty of places that need improvement, so Frost tells recruits you will compete for the open jobs and when they get here they stand on the sidelines.  Our offense really doesn't look very complex to anyone does it? It's not like a bunch of motion or anything. Frost came here and said he would play young guys with no fear of failure. I see a lot of failure on the field because the 3 basic plays we keep running aren't allowing anyone to succeed.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, roadrat said:

Our offense really doesn't look very complex to anyone does it? It's not like a bunch of motion or anything.

We did have some stuff thrown in on a few plays today. For a few brief moments, it almost started to look like Frost was running his offense, instead of some HS offense from 20 years ago. Then it disappeared again...

It sucks we appear to lose more than our share, although I don’t know if that’s true and I haven’t done a deep dive into what’s happen with other teams

but some things to think about recruiting seems like a slimy business and who knows what’s being told or sold to the kids. And how many just want to get a shot to say they actually played even without any legit options after graduation. Maybe being a part of something, even if it’s not the big stage, is important to some. 

AND we don’t know the impact of transferring once or twice might have on a player’s history in the eyes of NFL scouts. Some may be marginal NFL players and a history of jumping might reflect poorly on work ethic, accountability, etc. Of course every transfer will have a different story but it could be a red flag none the less.