Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Martinez is a head case, but he is not the only issue.  The announcers stated that our tackles lead the big 10 in allowing pressure on the qb.   Martinez is 1 player who can not block for himself or kick fg.

This would be understandable in year 1.  But as I remember it the offensive line was significantly better in year 1.  Ozigbo rushed for over a thousand.   Martinez had what most people consider his best year.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Martinez was not the reason for this loss. 

He wasn't the reason but he didn't help things again either. Holding on too long. Not throwing the ball away and taking sacks instead. Mixing up touch throws and throws that should be driven. SSDD...

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Martinez was not the reason for this loss. 

He’s not a run threat on the zone read play.  I don’t even know why they waste that play call.  He rarely runs up field as the pocket collapses around him.  He did a few times in the second half and it worked well.

Manning and Toure are running wide open and he just doesn’t see them.  He’s not quick decisive enough to make the grow out of the break.

Toure’s second TD was a fluke.  He was running free and AM damn near blew it again by holding the ball too long.

There no doubt he’s running for his life, but there are things he could to help himself out and he just can’t get it done.  In general I doubt anyone gets concerned about getting beat by AMs arm.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

He’s not a run threat on the zone read play.  I don’t even know why they waste that play call.  He rarely runs up field as the pocket collapses around him.  He did a few times in the second half and it worked well.

Manning and Toure are running wide open and he just doesn’t see them.  He’s not quick decisive enough to make the grow out of the break.

Toure’s second TD was a fluke.  He was running free and AM damn near blew it again by holding the ball too long.

There no doubt he’s running for his life, but there are things he could to help himself out and he just can’t get it done.  In general I doubt anyone gets concerned about getting beat by AMs arm.

Lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Martinez is a head case, but he is not the only issue.  The announcers stated that our tackles lead the big 10 in allowing pressure on the qb.   Martinez is 1 player who can not block for himself or kick fg.

Very true not the only problem but a very big problem. The two players on any football team that absolutely have to have their heads on straight are the QBs and the kickers we are lacking their, but O line might just need a new coach.

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We miss 2 chip shot fg, 13 yard punt And we can't pass block, so it's Martinez fault.  Makes sense to me 

True but you never felt when we had the ball with the chance to take the lead we had any real chance with Martinez look at the 3rd down right before the kicker muffed his 2nd fg of the day. Adrian had a wide open receiver it was only a seven or eight yd pass. Martinez completely misses the pass which would have likely lead to a TD instead of putting it into the kickers hands that lead to nothing. If you want to play QB you have to be a leader and step up when your team needs a play instead of messing up every chance you get in big situations

11 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Very true not the only problem but a very big problem. The two players on any football team that absolutely have to have their heads on straight are the QBs and the kickers we are lacking their, but O line might just need a new coach.

Games are won in the trenches.  We do not how good Martinez can be as he is always running or picking himself up

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2