Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

14 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Instead, since his injury his freshman year, they’ve tried to make him a throwing QB and removed his first instinct of just running. 

You mean the injury in his first game ever?

So, by saying they changed their approach after that injury, you're implying that the first 3.75 quarters of the Colorado game they treated him as a primarily running quarterback? Weird that he only had two more rushing attempts in that game than his career average per game.

AM aims the ball.  I could go deeper into his mechanics & other things, but every time I see him throw the ball I ask myself how the hell does Mario have a job?  He's worked with this kid for four years.  I'm a former DB who coaches kids with far less talent, but they throw the ball, and trust their mechanics to provide accuracy because it's what I preach daily.  It's something I just can't get past anytime there is discussion of AM or MV cuz it's elementary stuff to anybody who has thrown a ball in any sport at any level.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

AM aims the ball.  I could go deeper into his mechanics & other things, but every time I see him throw the ball I ask myself how the hell does Mario have a job?  He's worked with this kid for four years.  I'm a former DB who coaches kids with far less talent, but they throw the ball, and trust their mechanics to provide accuracy because it's what I preach daily.  It's something I just can't get past anytime there is discussion of AM or MV cuz it's elementary stuff to anybody who has thrown a ball in any sport at any level.

I believe the shoulder injury has everything to do with it and most likely rehab’d it incorrectly and has created a bad habit he can’t break. I say that as someone who spiral fractured their humerus and lead to a jacked up throwing motion that I didn’t know how to break. My body started compensating for an improper mechanic. 

With that said, find a better QB or become a run oriented offense and win some games, instead of worrying about keeping mouths fed. That’s just my opinion. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Saw him yelling in the 3rd quarter after the TD his jaw certainly did not look broken. 

I would imagine someone with a broken jaw wouldn't be able to wear a football helmet. The pressure from the helmet against the side of your head would certainly cause pressure and pain on your jaw, add in getting tackled? 

If this is some stage to allow us to move on in the QB position, I would have suggested sticking with the high ankle sprain that was from this game, and have AM watch some YouTube videos from wrestling schools on how to sell an injury. Let him ride off into the sunset with his 14-32 overall record as a starting QB without looking like he got benched in his final two games.

40 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

He played ok, but at the end of the day, when we needed him most, he missed a wide open TE that could have lead to 7.  Then, he threw a pick at the end that likely would have happened whether down 6 or 9.

That’s just it, when you really need him he just doesn’t come through. He never has, not even once, led us on a drive to take the lead or to win the game that I can recall.

• Plus1 2
On 11/1/2021 at 2:52 PM, floridacorn said:

It’s more than that.  

he holds the ball too long.  Toure, Manning and even Allen get great separation of the break.  If the QB had any timing he’d hit this guys all day long.  Instead he stares them down into coverage 2-3 seconds later.

• Plus1 6
36 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

It’s more than that.  

he holds the ball too long.  Toure, Manning and even Allen get great separation of the break.  If the QB had any timing he’d hit this guys all day long.  Instead he stares them down into coverage 2-3 seconds later.

Absolutely, and now you're getting into pre and post snap reads, and having the confidence to let it go.  But, throwing mechanics should be elementary.  When those are lacking, I'm not expecting much in these areas

2 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

I would imagine someone with a broken jaw wouldn't be able to wear a football helmet. The pressure from the helmet against the side of your head would certainly cause pressure and pain on your jaw, add in getting tackled? 

If this is some stage to allow us to move on in the QB position, I would have suggested sticking with the high ankle sprain that was from this game, and have AM watch some YouTube videos from wrestling schools on how to sell an injury. Let him ride off into the sunset with his 14-32 overall record as a starting QB without looking like he got benched in his final two games.

In the presser he was rubbing his face on both sides....Talked with out issue and didn't appear to have and mobility issues.  Perhaps there was a "crack"?  Unsure if "broken" is the same as I think of "broken".  Most of those end up with your jaw wired shut.

• Plus1 1