Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

2 minutes ago, ndobney said:

True but you never felt when we had the ball with the chance to take the lead we had any real chance with Martinez look at the 3rd down right before the kicker muffed his 2nd fg of the day. Adrian had a wide open receiver it was only a seven or eight yd pass. Martinez completely misses the pass which would have likely lead to a TD instead of putting it into the kickers hands that lead to nothing. If you want to play QB you have to be a leader and step up when your team needs a play instead of messing up every chance you get in big situations

Again, you get hit 20 times and see how you react knowing your tackles can't block.

9 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

He’s not a run threat on the zone read play.  I don’t even know why they waste that play call.  He rarely runs up field as the pocket collapses around him.  He did a few times in the second half and it worked well.

Manning and Toure are running wide open and he just doesn’t see them.  He’s not quick decisive enough to make the grow out of the break.

Toure’s second TD was a fluke.  He was running free and AM damn near blew it again by holding the ball too long.

There no doubt he’s running for his life, but there are things he could to help himself out and he just can’t get it done.  In general I doubt anyone gets concerned about getting beat by AMs arm.

Make defensive adjustment to cover the 10 yard pass they threw all day. 

Make a field goal. 

Do those two things and we very well might win this game. 

10 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We miss 2 chip shot fg, 13 yard punt And we can't pass block, so it's Martinez fault.  Makes sense to me 

He's never really the reason we lose but his play and decision making is not indicative of a 4 year starter; so it certainly never helps us win, as evidence by this year's record and scores. We're a handful of decisions away from being a 2 or 3 loss team. It f#&%ing sucks.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Make a field goal. 

I saw some stat that that was the lowest point total Ohio State had in conference in several years.

You have score sir.  You’re offense can’t work or backyard busted plays and chance.  I remember looking at the big board in the 3rd quarter and they were 0/9 on third down.  I think they ended 1/11.  There was a big difference in plays and Time of procession.

That ain’t going to cut it.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
29 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

If a player is open the first few seconds of a play, Martinez doesn't seem to know what to do. He doesn't pull the fast trigger. He doesn't anticipate well and never throws a receiver open like the great QBs can.

This is exactly what is happening.  Toure and Manning are often wide open on the route break.  It’s tough to watch.  It’s horrible timing.  The excessive time allows the zones to catch up or the open receiver to work into a covered zone.

• Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

He's never really the reason we lose but his play and decision making is not indicative of a 4 year starter; so it certainly never helps us win, as evidence by this year's record and scores. We're a handful of decisions away from being a 2 or 3 loss team. It f#&%ing sucks.

We lose every game due to the qb when he is running for his life and playing hurt.  I agree he tries to do too much at times, but his decision making has improved.   There are too many that hate him and I understand why Frost does not want to put in Smothers in and ruin his confidence due to our poor line.  Games are won & lost in the trenches!

• Plus1 1

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We lose every game due to the qb when he is running for his life and playing hurt.  I agree he tries to do too much at times, but his decision making has improved.   There are too many that hate him and I understand why Frost does not want to put in Smothers in and ruin his confidence due to our poor line.  Games are won & lost in the trenches!

This.  It is so funny to me that people just hate on Martinez but have little idea what actually are the issues. Play calling, missed assignments, guys just running unblocked to the QB but let's just blame Martinez for missing that wide open guy I saw from my couch on the replay. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Make a field goal. 

Plus complete one of the easiest 7 yrd throws of the game.  Something a first or second year starter should do much less a 4th year starter 

• Plus1 2