Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Frost and co. 

Yep and there is no plan for a QB going forward maybe it's that no one wants to play for Frost, or it could be Frost is just bull headed about Martinez and will go down with the ship thinking Martinez is his golden national championship QB. Trev Albert's had to have known this when he brought back Frost, starting to look like bringing back Frost was more a financial decision than a football one

I have been critical of AM.  He is a problem, but not THEE problem.  There is enough blame to go around.  OL play, lack of that physical downhill runner, a receiver who goes after the ball, receivers who can run the correct routes, play calling to help an over matched OL, designed roll outs, 12/13 personnel in the red zone etc......We have a lot of issues.  I do think a better OC, OL and RB coach could greatly improve the talent we have.  Unsure who we get to coach receivers (Beckton?), but the poor route running has happened multiple times this year.  And for a team that can not afford mistakes, this is an area that can quickly help.  And recruit a RB who is a beast.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BigAppleBucky said:

Stroud will almost certainly be on the first team all Big Ten at the end of the season, but off yesterday's performance I'd vote for Martinez as second team. He was the best, most effective, QB the Badgers have faced all season. 

Don't tell that to some folks around here. If he doesn’t win the game by himself ala John Elway he deserves to be shown the door. He makes mistakes, turns the ball over more than you'd like, but he's an above average college QB.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Don't tell that to some folks around here. If he doesn’t win the game by himself ala John Elway he deserves to be shown the door. He makes mistakes, turns the ball over more than you'd like, but he's an above average college QB.

Sometimes yes.  Other times?  No.

Having said that despite/other than the 2 interceptions yesterday he played a good game.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Sometimes yes.  Other times?  No.

Having said that despite/other than the 2 interceptions yesterday he played a good game.  

He's better than the last 3 QBs we've had far and away, and 2 of them got us to 9/10 win seasons consistently.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I think they are all about the same.  12 years of roller coaster QB play.

I think “far and away” is a huge stretch.

Tommy had a better arm than Taylor, and Adrian has a much better arm than both. Nobody will ever be ask quick as prime TM, but Adrian is faster and a better all around runner than Tommy.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1