Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The fact that Tanner Morgan is this high tells me one of two things:

1. The B1G is not as good as any of us thinks it is

2. The author of the is article is a gopher fan. 

Flushtradamus prediction: Tanner Morgan will finish in the bottom half of the country this year in multiple QB related measures. 

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

The fact that Tanner Morgan is this high tells me one of two things:

1. The B1G is not as good as any of us thinks it is

2. The author of the is article is a gopher fan. 

Flushtradamus prediction: Tanner Morgan will finish in the bottom half of the country this year in multiple QB related measures. 

I'm not a fan of his but he did have a pretty great season in 2019.  His performance was down some in 2020 but it was a weird year and he lost his key receiver.  It's not crazy to think he will return to form with a normal year of prep.   

• Fire 1
19 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I'm not a fan of his but he did have a pretty great season in 2019.  His performance was down some in 2020 but it was a weird year and he lost his key receiver.  It's not crazy to think he will return to form with a normal year of prep.   

He had two NFL-caliber WRs to throw to in 2019.  His performance went down when one of them left.

Interesting how there seems to be a correlation with those things....

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He had two NFL-caliber WRs to throw to in 2019.  His performance went down when one of them left.

Interesting how there seems to be a correlation with those things....

Very true.  That combined with the lack of normal prep seemed to hurt a lot of QBs/teams.

Rewatched the second half of 2012 northwestern. Tmart lead them back to have a good win. But. 

1). 2AM is a much better QB. 

2). If our skill players are as good as the combination of Ameer, Bell and Enunwa, this offense is going to be good. Yes, that’s a big if. 

That, combined with the defense…this will be a fun team to watch. 

I think our skill players are going to shine and be what we’ve missed the last couple years. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Rewatched the second half of 2012 northwestern. Tmart lead them back to have a good win. But. 

1). 2AM is a much better QB. 

2). If our skill players are as good as the combination of Ameer, Bell and Enunwa, this offense is going to be good. Yes, that’s a big if. 

That, combined with the defense…this will be a fun team to watch. 

I think our skill players are going to shine and be what we’ve missed the last couple years. 

If Manning, and Toure are as good as we think they can be, and if a bell cow type RB emerges then AMart might very well live up to the PreSophmore Heisman hype and NU ends up a top 20 caliber team! 

• Plus1 5
12 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

If Manning, and Toure are as good as we think they can be, and if a bell cow type RB emerges then AMart might very well live up to the PreSophmore Heisman hype and NU ends up a top 20 caliber team! 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95263b2aad63781dc6de

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

People forget- Bell and Morgan would often make very difficult catches and then dropped an easy one nearly every game. It happens when you get volume, catching it every time through the bouncing visor and hands in your face is much more difficult to do in person than it appears on TV

Due to the fact both were consistently able to create separation, catch and block- they earned that grace. 

I was going to add just like Kenny Bell but decided against it.  I feel like Kenny was more likely to make the catches he had no business making.  Stanley had some nice ones but I don't think we was in the same league as far as difficulty of catch compared to easy drop differential. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I was going to add just like Kenny Bell but decided against it.  I feel like Kenny was more likely to make the catches he had no business making.  Stanley had some nice ones but I don't think we was in the same league as far as difficulty of catch compared to easy drop differential. 

Kenny was one of the coolest- nicest kids. I was giving a coaching buddy of mine from Florida a tour, he had never been here. Was in Hawks and Bell walks by us and flashes a big smile and says hi to my buddy- I introduce him- this is the starting wideout with the famous hair Kenny Bell. Was surprised how wirey- skinny he was without his gear on. He asked my buddy where he was from- why he was an NU fan etc- really nice kid. 

On 8/4/2021 at 7:24 PM, VizionNE said:

Quick check on 2020 stats: A.Mart top 10 with most of those teams playing more games than Nebraska. For his career he averages 1 fumble per game. 

Where are you finding fumble stats?  I always have a hard time tracking them down.

• Plus1 1