Minnesota- What did we learn?

seaofred92

I learned that

(1) we are so creative that we can find a way to lose to a team that is playing their second stringers who is dead last in defense in the conference

(2) our defense plays well enough for us to win games but we our offense is shameful and horribly coached

(3) our unspecial teams continue to hurt our chances in winning games. Special teams play has declined tremendously under Frost

(4) our players do not have any confidence or swagger. They are used to being bottom of the barrel

(5) our QBs can’t throw the ball to save their lives

(6) swing passes have killed Husker football

(7) Frost continues to find excuses for losing and he is starting to lose the respect of fans and media, not to mention other conference coaches who are starting to love to take it to him in games

(8) Husker football as we knew it was over for me when a wide open Ibrahim stopped short of scoring in their last drive. It shows how low we have sunk

(9) our players talk trash on the field but do not back that talk in the way they play

(10) Frost and his current cohort of overpaid coaches are clueless and have no idea what it takes to turn things around. Every game is the same...close yet so far

(11) our AD made a horrible mistake by extending Frost’s contract without waiting to see results on the field

(12) Good coaches can turn things around immediately. Look at Schiano at Rutgers. Frost is not a good coach and he has proven that these past three years. We love him because he was part of our glory days but the reality is that no other coach in the nation would survive three horrible losing seasons in a row. He gets away with it because we want him to succeed and are willing to give him time. But, unfortunately, it is not looking like he is going to change anything.

(13) this is the first time in my life where I can’t wait for this season to be over. I have a bad feeling that even Michigan state will find a way to rip us a new one next week.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

That the worst thing for this program was to have the success we did in Osborne's last years. It turned us into entitle jacka$$es who can't be patient. I get it we should be better than we are but guess what we aren't. All I see is complaining and moaning and what happens everyone comes back and watched the games even though they claim they have better things to do.

Pelini peaked in year 2, Riley was a stupid hire, Frost will get enough time to figure it out. Because no matter what any of us say none of us will do a damn thing about it.

We are an entitled fan base and that's what is wrong with us. Well that and everything else armchair qbs say.

I think you mean Frost will get time. Whether he figures it out is debatable. Not looking good 

56 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Not that it matters but as a guy that watches a lot of AAC football- Nebraska is not AAC strong currently. Cincinnati, Tulsa, Memphis, UCF, SMU would all soundly beat NU this year, and it’s a very down year for the AAC. 

Cincy would have crushed us.  As would those you mentioned.  I'd add Buffalo and some others as well....I just don't understand the complete collapse with no real consistent improvement.

1 hour ago, PaulCrewe said:

Look at the stats the last 3 games last year.  They had a bell cow.   Who's to blame for not riding it to the fair

I agree with last year. Had Bell never left and Mo not panned out, I don't think Mills ever gets a a shot.  That's what's crazy.    I know injuries this year kept Mills out, but why not ride him today.  And to your question.....Frost.

17 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

That the worst thing for this program was to have the success we did in Osborne's last years. It turned us into entitle jacka$$es who can't be patient. I get it we should be better than we are but guess what we aren't. All I see is complaining and moaning and what happens everyone comes back and watched the games even though they claim they have better things to do.

Pelini peaked in year 2, Riley was a stupid hire, Frost will get enough time to figure it out. Because no matter what any of us say none of us will do a damn thing about it.

We are an entitled fan base and that's what is wrong with us. Well that and everything else armchair qbs say.

I don't think it's being entitled to simply not like the sh!+ we're being fed.  It's not sunshine and rainbows.  I'm simply asking to not witness a team who traveled barely 50 kids, down 33 from Covid, walking into Lincoln and easily winning a game, then trolling us on the way out of town.  I'm asking for more than 11 wins in 3 years.  Is that entitled?  If it is then let's just shut this thing down if we can't even ask for that.

Frost will get more time, lots of it, but this game was important for the trajectory of this program and it was a huge failure. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 2

Unfortunately, the way our program see's itself, our fan base and media coverage, is not much different.  Neither are the yearly results. 

But that helmet and history tho... Good enough to just show up and beat anybody.  Seriously.  Replace the star with the N. 

image.jpeg.e67acc05c5252c8ce18dc709aebd7a60.jpeg

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Why does everybody hope Frost "figures it out"?  He was supposed to have it figured out already.  He was the hot commodity when he was hired.  College football's wunderkind football genius.  That's why he got the big bucks when he came to Nebraska...because he had turning a faltering football program around "figured out".  

If he he hasn't figured it out by now, chances are he's not going to figure it out in five years either.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Buffalo is a great team. Whoever hires Lance Leipold is getting an awesome coach. Winner. 

I have been a big fan of his since his Wisconsin-Whitewater days. The guy would be a great hire IMO and is a proven winner. 

I also like that 13 years of his coaching career were spent in the state of Nebraska. 

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, admo said:

Unfortunately, the way our program see's itself, our fan base and media coverage, is not much different.  Neither are the yearly results. 

But that helmet and history tho... Good enough to just show up and beat anybody.  Seriously.  Replace the star with the N. 

image.jpeg.e67acc05c5252c8ce18dc709aebd7a60.jpeg

As a Cowboys fan, the reality stings!

I didn't learn anything I didn't already know. 

Scott needs to swallow his pride and scrap this spread crap that EVERYONE else is doing. It was new and innovative until about 2012. Now, defensive coordinators have earned their money, schemed/recruited differently, and caught up. 

12 of the 14 B1G teams run spread. We need to be different. Go back to our roots, downhill blocking and running. Move the chains, run the clock, help the defense. 

Of all the people in the world to coach Nebraska football, I would think Scott would understand this more than anyone. But I think he's just being stubborn, trying to prove us all wrong. 

Run the ball, Scott. Let's be NEBRASKA again. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1