NU Cancelling Oklahoma Game?

5 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

This is an absolute weak sauce move but the math seems pretty simple:

1) Make more money for the athletic department and increase your chances of bowl eligibility in a season with an exceptionally tough conference schedule

2) Make less money for the athletic department and take an auto-loss to a team you know is out of your league.

This is a perception disaster but I see why they're doing it.

3) lose what's left of your fan base and watch revenue really tank especially when recruiting nosedives.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I think a lot of people will, and it's not unreasonable.

I think everyone should pump the brakes until Nebraska releases a statement.  If anything, this past year should have taught us to take what the media says with a grain of salt.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Has this story been confirmed by anyone beside Brett McMurphy?

What if this is us just having a backup plan if the B1G won't let us play noncons again?

Usually Moos and Frost are pretty open and willing to take on a challenge. This seems completely out of character.

• Plus1 2

38 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Or they're now trying to back out on the deal and scrambling to come to a settlement with Middle Directional State before stating the Oklahoma game is on as scheduled.

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Man, I hate being right all the time.

I think my explanation is the most plausible.

1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

I think everyone should pump the brakes until Nebraska releases a statement.  If anything, this past year should have taught us to take what the media says with a grain of salt.

There's absolutely some media shaming going on here. I don't know if it's because a lot of them got scooped, but some of their reactions and posturing are a bit silly

• Plus1 2