** 2021 Opponent Previews : Buffalo (Game 3) **

9 minutes ago, Undone said:

Here's the 20 minute 'most of the plays' version of Buffalo's game against FCS Wagner College. Wagner is like, a really tiny liberal arts school:

Thanks for posting this. They don’t scream upset to me. The Qb threw a nice pass early, and I love how he holds the fake. Wish TM would do that!!

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, Undone said:

Here's the 20 minute 'most of the plays' version of Buffalo's game against FCS Wagner College. Wagner is like, a really tiny liberal arts school:

They ran over them sure but Wagner looks pretty underwhelming. Viewing the performance I'm feeling more confidence for us. Thanks for sharing. 

So, in my mind, one of three things can happen on Saturday.

1) We lose = obviously bad

2) We win a close game = meh.....glad we won but that's not great.

3) We come out and take care of business like we did against Fordham.  Get way ahead, second string plays 4th quarter.

So, if #3 happens, does that change your outlook on the season?

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

3) We come out and take care of business like we did against Fordham.  Get way ahead, second string plays 4th quarter.

It would at least push me in that direction for the time being. It would give me hope any of the next opponents, minus Ohio State, are beatable if Nebraska can get some breaks. Nebraska needs some luck to go their way for once. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think it's basically the same as the Fordham game, adjust for a tougher opponent.

I don't think we'll really learn anything positive.

If we win handily, many will think that's what we're supposed to do and we won't really know how good this year's Buffalo team is.

If we win a close one, good that we won, there will be several bad things to complain about and we won't really know how good this year's Buffalo team is.

Really the only thing we *might* learn is if we lose we'll need to play significantly better to win about any game left on the schedule.

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

if #3 happens, it would likely only lull me into a Koolaid induced, false sense of security about competing next week in Soonerland...only to rip out my heart and stomp on it as we pi$$ down our leg on Nat'l TV 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Any win is a good win.  Option 2 or 3 absolutely changes the view of the season for those of us really hoping for a bowl game.  That puts us 17% closer to our goal!  However, if we lose, the chances to make it to 6 wins is lowered significantly imo.  

Nebraska is not a team that will challenge for the west or "be back" as many are waiting for in 2021.  7 or 8 wins is still the ceiling.  I'm of the opinion we should enjoy any wins we get, regardless of the details.  

• Plus1 2