QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... I don't think that's right.  It's all over the internet.  Other recruits are reacting to it.  There's no way Kaelin doesn't know. 

If you don't say anything, he's left wondering if he'll still have a spot.

You tell him it's the same story as before he flipped to us.  We have to go after Raiola.  If he wants in, we'll take him.  But we still want Kaelin in the class as well.

I mean they could have just said "look you are probably going to hear some stuff because people are talking, but Dylan asked for an official visit and we are going to let him".  That sounds more like a reasonable approach.  Saying "we will still honor your commitment" just seems like He's signing and we'll take you too.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I mean they could have just said "look you are probably going to hear some stuff because people are talking, but Dylan asked for an official visit and we are going to let him".  That sounds more like a reasonable approach.  Saying "we will still honor your commitment" just seems like He's signing and we'll take you too.  

Feels more disingenuous if Raiola does sign though. When does "he asked for an official visit" turn into "he wants to commit here and we're taking him"? Better to have that in one conversation IMO - Kaelin knows Raiola is higher on the board. Assuring him he has a spot regardless of the outcome is the best path forward for everyone, and if I were Kaelin I'd hold off signing in the early window and see what actually happens.

11 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I mean they could have just said "look you are probably going to hear some stuff because people are talking, but Dylan asked for an official visit and we are going to let him".  That sounds more like a reasonable approach. 

But that still doesn't say what would happen if we get Raiola.

11 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Saying "we will still honor your commitment" just seems like He's signing and we'll take you too.  

You're assuming you know how it was worded.

Its one thing for a commit to take an official early in the season because official visits are cool. You don't do it a week before signing day just to visit your uncle after your family uprooted half way across the country. Georgia may ultimately find a way to retain him, but there's something to this.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, Ratt Mhule said:

Welp party pooper Schaefer on 1620 pumping the brakes on this a little bit. Says Kirby Smart will in home and its nowhere near a done deal. 

Would definitely create a very unpleasant feeling towards the Raiola family if this were simply a ploy to improve the offer/guarantee from Georgia.

• TBH 3

5 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here is another thread from the GA forum. They believe Raiola was scared to compete.

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/board/19/Contents/raiola-was-scared-of-competing-with-pug-222947301/?page=1

That is definitely cope.  JD Pickell makes a good point that he can be the next guy at Georgia or he can be THE guy here.  Maybe he doesn’t want to compete, but he is 100% betting on himself to be the turning point of his dad’s Alma Mater.  A case could be made that there more pressure on him if he comes here.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
13 hours ago, brophog said:

You don't need Matlock to make that case.

I don't think that's the case here.

At Georgia, the expectation would be to compete for playoff spots and getting to the National Championship. With the way they recruit, anything that isn't at least qualifying for a 12 team playoff is a massive failure. I think Georgia fans would expect to win at least 1 playoff game each year.

At Nebraska, the expectations aren't even in the same stratosphere. The expectations here would be getting to bowl games early in his career, with the hope that Nebraska qualifies for a big time bowl game (NY6 or equivalent) once in his career. Even if Nebraska doesn't do that, which I don't think they currently can, guiding the program to a few 8-4 or 9-3 records would be a huge.

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I don't think that's the case here.

At Georgia, the expectation would be to compete for playoff spots and getting to the National Championship. With the way they recruit, anything that isn't at least qualifying for a 12 team playoff is a massive failure. I think Georgia fans would expect to win at least 1 playoff game each year.

At Nebraska, the expectations aren't even in the same stratosphere. The expectations here would be getting to bowl games early in his career, with the hope that Nebraska qualifies for a big time bowl game (NY6 or equivalent) once in his career. Even if Nebraska doesn't do that, which I don't think they currently can, guiding the program to a few 8-4 or 9-3 records would be a huge.

Nebraska with a 10-2 season goes to the playoff in my opinion 

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic